Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
The Fashion Gods?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Where are all the Fashion photographers?? I've noticed that alot of the fashion guys dont post anymore and alot of people are dropping off like flies!
I miss seeing all the different genres on I used to see when I first signed onto GG...I used to see a wide variety of Images and content...but it all seems to be kindling into one genre, Bikinis,T&A.
Anyway...I learned alot for all the different style of photogs and I just wished they would all come back or out of the woodwork so that we can learn all genres of photographing beautiful women..and hunky men.
Thanks to the Fashion Guys...without them I wouldnt have been able to create this shot!! I dont know if its fashion,Glashion or Flamour...all I know is I truly like it...and appreciate everyones help and teachings from all genres..bring em all back to GG!!

Nobody here but us fashion peons...
Old 10-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406
Comments: 0

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 68.255.60.134

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Nobody here but us fashion peons, and we have to post topless shots just to get anybody to look at our posts...

<center>

View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Re: Nobody here but us fashion peons...
Old 10-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody here but us fashion peons, and we have to post topless shots just to get anybody to look at our posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen....isnt that the truth!! Im just saying I've learned alot from all the genres..even the pushing the limits stuff...I would just like to see a wider variety of shooters...seems its getting narrowed down to the select click.
Don

couple things
Old 10-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.163

There are no fashion gods (or goddesses) here on GG. Occassionaly you saw postings from some very successful commercial shooters like Eric Striffler or Chung Lee, even some who do some decent amounts of fashion work.

But rest assurred, none of the true fashion gods are on here, or any other forum for that matter. When I go to the NYC agencies, nobody has any time to be playing on web forums, and even though every fashion model in the world now has a sidekick or blackberry, few spend time on the web and even less have a clue forums like GG even exist.

Right now there is an active post from a real good NYC shooter, Photoknight, about his latest fashion story. If you find it, (please do) you will notice that the amount of views and responses are far below any boob shots posted on here.

Another very important consideration is that most mainstream folks are way NOT impressed for glamour stuff. Despite what Rolando keeps saying about glamour in fashion, its really 2 separate and very distinct worlds. Its very difficult to cross over. I know I have lost mainstream advertising jobs because people google my name and see I have shot nudes. I'm not happy about it, but I know it happens.

FYI, I now have 2 different websites, www.glennusdin.com has my commercial stuff and www.commandimages.com has my glamour stuff. You will notice that my name is never mentioned on my glamour website. Web crawlers won't pick my name from the glam site and send prospective clients there. Of course posting here doesn't help if you are in the fashion biz, but this place is kinda addicting.

But the biggest thing is that commercial and fashion images just don't attract as much attention on this forum as they would on a fashion venue. Go to the Fashion Only Forum or Models.com and see how much they DISLIKE glamour just for glamour sake. Nudity is fine, as long as it isnt gratuitous. There is a trend to put glamour back into fashion images, but its not the type of glamour the GG folks would appreciate. Its about the mood and the lighting and the wardrobe..not the nips showing. But I love it all as long as I get to shoot it.

Italian Vogue has more nudes than Playboy, but nobody is using it for relief purposes.

One of my commercial images:

View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Re: The Fashion Gods?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42462
Comments: 11
Send a message via Yahoo to Hailey

Hailey is offline IP: 24.74.98.146

Hey Don, and everyone else..

Hope everyone has been doing well and playing nice. Ive been busy working and shooting. Just wanted to drop in and say hello..

Nice image Don.

Heres one of my latest.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Hailey Visit Hailey's homepage! Find More Posts by Hailey

Re: couple things
Old 10-11-2005, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42405
Send a message via AIM to Make-up by DeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to Make-up by DeAnn

Make-up by DeAnn is offline IP: 68.103.193.140

Glen, That is one very beautiful image. The lighting, the cloths, the makeup and hair it just all flows.

Thanks for sharing.

DeAnn
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Make-up by DeAnn Visit Make-up by DeAnn's homepage! Find More Posts by Make-up by DeAnn

Re: couple things
Old 10-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

First off...Glen..thats an incredibly beautiful image...I did see photoknights post and it blew me away. its really different from the standard glamour, which I guess is what Im really talking about..Variety,Styles and Concepts is what I think we've been missing around here of late..whether it be a JimmyD's edgy stuff or Mhickeys Beautiful work, Glennusdins Playboy quality Glam..Rick Shellhouse,Chunglee,ErikS..and the like...It just seems all the mixes are missing of late....and you are probably right in that they dont want thier fashion stuff on GG...but Im sure like you they shoot other than fashion and have thier own styles and creativity to share with everyone..DeAnn and I have tried to give a wide variety of concepts including the occassional T&amp;A its just great input creativly to see vast styles and genres, as one could develope a concept or an idea from seeing vast styles.
Thanks Glen!

Don.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

Hailey thats smoking hot!!! I doubt I could pull that one off....but its a good concept..might have to try it!!!
Thats what Im talkin bout!

Don.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44936

rephoto1 is offline IP: 24.243.30.157

Alright, I am new to the site but I will put my 2 pennies worth! Some photographers like yourself look at others work and want to learn different styles and actually produce what I like to say is art work regardless of what ever genre they would like to work in. Unfortunatley there are many that pic up the camera or enter sites like this, in order to look at naked woman. I hadd the following pictures on my site at one time or the other and guess which got the most response. Hope that I did not make anyone made out there.

thankyou for your post I feel the same way
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rephoto1 Visit rephoto1's homepage! Find More Posts by rephoto1

Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

Thats Incredible....Okay Im putting you on the my official follow and learn from list!!! Good Lord....thats some Killer work!!!

Don