Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
When Cortez Reached The New World... My Birthday Wish....
Old 10-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479
Comments: 0

christian is offline IP: 69.84.98.69

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

When Cortez reached the new world, he burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated.

I haven't been around much lately. There's a lot that's been troubling me. I found myself in a place of comfort, where I don't really have to compete with anyone, just kick back and wait for work to find me. I've been on a lazy streak that has cost me. It's not what my job description says is right for me. Like everyone here, I have to go further, do more, for more, and at a higher grade.

Last week, I had a photographer guest in from London. Together, we shot an editorial. For the first time in a long time... I had someone "schooling me." It wasn't about work or personal style, it was about marketing... and my lack thereof. The person teaching me has one major campaign... and makes an incredible living off of it. I explained that I made a good living off testing... he laughed. " Being King of the Testers is like being King of the Assistants... or in actors, The King of the Extras. Either be a star or keep looking up and wondering how they got there."

I feel motivated like I haven't felt in a long time. I'm starting on a whole new marketing plan, which was suggested by my new friend. And while I'm not yet in a position to kick new models to the curb, my primary efforts are going elsewhere. So let this be my year, and let you all be my judge. I have an admiration for some of you who don't just run into the wall... you leave an impression of your face embedded on the surface. Cheers to you.

* Raises a coffee mug * Here's to a new life in a much larger world.

christian
  View Public Profile Send a private message to christian Visit christian's homepage! Find More Posts by christian

Re: When Cortez Reached The New World... My Birthday Wish....
Old 10-11-2005, 08:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35242

jlbdvm is offline IP: 71.2.60.19

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Cool! Everyone needs to refocus frequently! Motivation is always needed and frequently debt is the cause! Marketing yourself is the hardest undertaking a person can participate in.

As a practicing veterinarian for over 23 years, I too fell into a comfort zone. Ya know 1 kid married and out of college, 1 kid still in college but I arranged finances to carry her through also - and no debt NONE. So I set back on my butt thinking this was my reward. My goal was to be totally debt free at forty - and it happened, but that comfort level get old - believe me!! So I refocused bought new veterinary equipment, a farm and trying to build a new clinic! Yep Debt is a motivator!! But boy it's fun again working and thinking a lot working this out!!

So Christian, KEEP IT UP AND GOING FORWARD!!!

Like I herad along time ago - IF YOU DON'T TOOT YOUR OWN HORN, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY MUSIC TO DANCE TO!!

Later and Good Luck,
Jay

www.photoartbyjlb.com

www.wcanimalclinic.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jlbdvm Visit jlbdvm's homepage! Find More Posts by jlbdvm

Christian
Old 10-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35236
Send a message via AIM to eselby Send a message via Yahoo to eselby

eselby is offline IP: 63.84.113.197

Damn, that was like a "nice" post! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go get em! And watch for the rest of us nipping at your heels (or eating your dust)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eselby Visit eselby's homepage! Find More Posts by eselby

Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35281
My Mood:

Mitch is offline IP: 67.116.107.201

Best of luck Christian......we'll all be watching so don't you dare fail!!

Mitch
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mitch Visit Mitch's homepage! Find More Posts by Mitch

Old 10-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

[ QUOTE ]
Like I herad along time ago - IF YOU DON'T TOOT YOUR OWN HORN, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY MUSIC TO DANCE TO!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i once heard a similar horn-tooting observation: IF YOU DON'T TOOT YOUR OWN HORN, SOMEONE'S GONNA USE IT AS A SPITOON. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 10-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35686

riosun is offline IP: 65.125.81.66

CB,
I've been sitting in my empty studio bitching about no business. I need to go after the biz that used to come to me.

Thanks for the motivation,
Bruce
  View Public Profile Send a private message to riosun Visit riosun's homepage! Find More Posts by riosun

Old 10-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

that's often the problem, isn't it? i.e., artistic vision being the antithesis of business acumen? good luck. sometimes we need a friendly kick in the derriere to get us motivated. i'm usually in need of one on a daily basis.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Bravo...
Old 10-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35803

photoknight is offline IP: 69.200.83.120

Christian...
Just knowing that you've got to constantly challenge yourself is a blessing in itself. We all get lazy and sit back when things are good, but the hard part is trying new things when thing ARE good.

Good luck. I'd love to see what your new look on life brings you.

Regards,
James
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photoknight Visit photoknight's homepage! Find More Posts by photoknight

Old 10-11-2005, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

I never realized you were on hiatus. Hearing you say that you were, but were now moving on, I say, "About time." You never struck me as one content to stay put. Too much talent, too much inventiveness, too much drive for that.

Good luck, sir. And best wishes.

View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford

Old 10-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

[ QUOTE ]
IF YOU DON'T TOOT YOUR OWN HORN, SOMEONE'S GONNA USE IT AS A SPITOON.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
IF YOU DON'T TOOT YOUR OWN HORN, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY MUSIC TO DANCE TO!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its time for me to stop being a spitoon!

Congrats Christian...and go out there and tear a new one in the world!!
Don.