Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Can your MUA do this?
Old 10-08-2005, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.107.222.66

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I worked with a new MUA today, young Girl, 18, already very experienced and a Chanel Counter Manager at a Nordstorms (which is pretty prestigous in itself).

Look at this Make-Up:

Look even closer:

Another shot:

Now, are you ready for this?

My new MUA, is also the Model shown here in these Photos:

So, when I said "Can your MUA do this?"
I mean can she look this Good?

I think I really scored here:
1) She Loves my work, including my crazy ideas (well she hasn't heard all of them),
2) Loves my sence of humor and is a very happy person herself,
3) Loves my daughter,
4) Is a real sweet girl (no attitude),
5) Has a very "available" schedule,
6) Lives close by
7) And is willing to Shoot again ANYTIME I have a No Show,

I never had a Muse, but based on the above, do you think she has a chance??
  View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

lots of potential
Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35977
Comments: 0

Andy_Pearlman is offline IP: 72.25.123.27

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think you lucked into something here. She's a doll, and has a nice style with her clothes and personality (it comes through in the pix) to boot. Three suggestions though: I'd like to see the eye-liner softened ("smudged") a bit all the way around (and I LOVE sultry, smokey eyes). I'd like to know that she can give you a less shiney (or matte) finish on the face itself. While it looks good here, in most situations it would look like she needed some powder. Last, I'd like to see you shoot her with her own eye color, not the fake blue contacts. If she had real blue or grey eyes, she's be hot, but she'll probably be just as hot with her own eyes. She's got great hair and a sexy smile. I would say she's way past a diamond in the rough, she's almost polished.

Regards,
Andy Pearlman
Andy Pearlman Studio

View Public Profile Send a private message to Andy_Pearlman Visit Andy_Pearlman's homepage! Find More Posts by Andy_Pearlman

Re: Can your MUA do this?
Old 10-08-2005, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36657

That_Look_Photography is offline IP: 68.200.100.150

Ok, I going to the mall today... I want a MUA like her...

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photography Visit That_Look_Photography's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photography

well actually Yes
Old 10-08-2005, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.163

Great stuff, all the way around. She does MU very cleanly and that is very nice. Its great when you find a talented combo like that. Its VERY nice. I speak from experience.

My MUA/producer/stylist is Playboy Playmate Lani Todd, Miss December 2002. She moved back to my town after being in Playboy and working for the Playboy Production team in Miami.

In addition to being one of the kindest and nicest people I have ever met, she is also one of the best hair/MUA/stylists I have ever worked with, and she puts up with me everyday. (harder than anyone imagines)

My advice to you is simple and from my personal experience. Be very very nice to this lady, pay her more than she wants, develop a great working relationship with her and she will help you make a lot of money.

No matter how good you get, models prefer to deal with another model, and she can recruit other models for you, dress them and do their make-up and you will be amazed at how well they respond to another woman. They will feel more comfortable with you having her around. And that translates into better images. You become a team and your part of the team is lighting and clicking the button.

FYI, many highly successful MUA's are former models and that combo really works well.

Plus the side benefit is that you have a gorgeous house model:

View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Old 10-08-2005, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 24.98.67.22

[ QUOTE ]
...do you think she has a chance??

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure. You're a lucky man! She's beautiful, seems comfortable in front of the camera, and has some excellent MUA skills. Congrats.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BGPhoto Visit BGPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by BGPhoto

Old 10-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38250

CharlesDias is offline IP: 201.19.15.12

I liked too much the third photo, the one with the girl in a blue top ... lovely light and color contrast.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to CharlesDias Find More Posts by CharlesDias

send her to
Old 10-08-2005, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 83.52.40.95

Spain pleeeeeeZe!!

gesssssh!! how some people have ALL the luck!! and all i do is shoot sunsets cuz i'm soooo bored!!

Re: send her to
Old 10-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36657

That_Look_Photography is offline IP: 68.200.100.150

Tony, I am not sure what part of Spain you live in but I have to say Spain has some of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. Ok, Maybe just as many beautiful girls as the USA has..lol... I would love to see you shoot some of those girls and post them..

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photography Visit That_Look_Photography's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photography

Old 10-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

beautiful girl! i'll bet your spouse is absolutely delighted you found one so young, so talented, so beautiful... AND, as a bonus, one that loves your work and your crazy ideas, loves your sence of humor, loves your daughter, has a very "available" schedule, lives close by, and is willing to shoot ANYTIME!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

sorry.... couldn't help myself. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: send her to Espa√Īa!!
Old 10-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 83.52.40.95

hiya Mike and thanks for your reply. y'know... thats a comment that is made a LOT of times... if i had a euro-nickel for each time i hearc it, i'd be in a nicer house!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BUT, to tell you the truth, in MY area there are millions of pretty girls but they smoke... yup, as a freelance bum sunset shooter, i can take my pick of whom i wanna shoot. plus in other areas: Madrid, Barcelona and other BIG places, there are girls whom people tell me, i can find to shoot and places that will show my pixs. well, what do i say to that??

i lived in Barcelona once and couldn't find girls to pose there also, and the galleries were filled with THEIR catalans' works (they hate spanish people thar, and speak their own language even). i was in Germany just recently and had the same problem also: nobody to shoot and no gallery to show my fotos.

so, thence the reason i make these expensive trips to the states spending money i dont have, travelling everywhere by greyhound, sleeping on sofas and heater rooms and hoping i'll get fed cuz i ain't got the money; in one month in the states, i can shoot 4-5 individuals seriously into my art whereas in 12 years here i might find (if lucky) one or two bodies. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] if it werent for me travelling to THEM, they wouldn't even shoot with me. i am not finding one model to pose for me for a regular portfolio shoot to pay me and help me finance my trip or feed me. but i see they pay other photogs whose work is not my style or quality... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

next summer's trip will be the last though; my 2003 foto trip thru the states took me 2 years to pay off the bills (i don't sell any of the pixs and nobody would think if BUYing my stuff) so no reason to do it anymore. i mainly create fetish, bondage and artnudes to display in my foto exhibits, and not too models are interested in being art but being paid, which i can't do.

so, not the answer you thought nor wanted to hear but that's the plight of this artist.

below: if photography is your passion and your camera is starving, there's always one of these to feed it!!