Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Playboy submissions
Old 10-07-2005, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dax
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35270
Comments: 0

Dax is offline IP: 72.144.8.149

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Anyone here making a good deal out of submitting to Playboy? And I dont only mean shooting for their .com, but submitting girls and getting them shot and getting the finder's fee.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dax Visit Dax's homepage! Find More Posts by Dax

Re: Playboy submissions
Old 10-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 46442

Michael_R_Kihn is offline IP: 64.84.124.190

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Play boy Submissions: I sent images in to them for the Girls of McDonalds layout.
What a Joke. Yes they did take the model and used her for the layout wich was done online ( Didn't they use to do their Girls of Layout in ther Mag. ??? They also used her in a lingerie extra Mag and in a behind the scenes DVD . I was told some of her submission images that I did were used online and on the DVD. But I never saw them. I was not going to pay to get on their .com nor for their DVD. Model said she would come down and show me but but she never has. And the best part of it is they sent me a great big check for $25.00 LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Michael
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Michael_R_Kihn Visit Michael_R_Kihn's homepage! Find More Posts by Michael_R_Kihn

You are better off....
Old 10-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35562

LarryN is offline IP: 206.172.95.157

submitting your photos to American Curves. The chances of any model getting selected by Playboy are very slim. American Curves uses more models and has a greater demand for fresh faces. The models also get more exposure through American Curves/Musclemag than they do through Playboy.

Larry
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LarryN Visit LarryN's homepage! Find More Posts by LarryN

HMMM.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38674

gregkdavis is offline IP: 70.114.246.117

Playboy is the number one mens magazine hands down when it comes to
circulation.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gregkdavis Visit gregkdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by gregkdavis

Old 10-07-2005, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38674

gregkdavis is offline IP: 70.114.246.117

Years ago, I got lucky several times. In the 70's and 80's.
Timing was everything.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gregkdavis Visit gregkdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by gregkdavis

been there, done that
Old 10-08-2005, 01:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35977

Andy_Pearlman is offline IP: 72.25.123.27

No one really makes a "good deal" (I assume you mean a good deal of $$$) out of submitting models to PB for Playmate. Remember they only use 12 per year, and the competition is fierce, and they come from all sorts of places. Sometimes, like Jenny McCarthy or my friend Laura Cover, they just walk into a PB studio on their own. Sometimes an existing Playmate refers them, often times they are sent in by photographers. Another way is that they are discovered by Playboy editors who show up as judges at events like Hawaiian Tropic or as a result of a theme search (Girls of GarageGlamour?) for the magazin. And of course some girls just mail in their own photos. Then you have all the ones who graduate from the Special Editions or CyberClub (however they got there) to Playmate. Some of this can muddy the "discovery" trail, so sometimes no finder's fee is paid (for example, PB employees are ineligible). One requirement to get the fee, is that the Playmate must put your name on the data sheet she fills out, as the person who sent her in.

On top of that, its all about timing. Being in the right place at the right time to meet a prospect (meaning a girl with true potential and interest), and it also means finding her at a time when Playboy is ready for her as well. Someone who has the right personality and regularly encounters PB-type women for whatever reason, will obviously increase the odds of finding girls who get accepted, but its still a long shot as evidenced by some of the great women I see in other Playboy products who IMO, should have been a PM from the get-go.

I don't know if PB pays a finder's fee for any submission that results in a shoot other than Playmate, others on this board might know (I could find out, but its Friday nite!), but taking the above info into account, I think you can see how rare actually collecting the fee really is. BTW, if your goal is to shoot for any part of PB, submitting your discoveries with as professional-looking a shoot as you can muster will help both of you a lot. One word of advice though: Do not present yourself to a prospect as a Playboy photographer, or an official scout (and there are very few of those) unless you have the real business card to back it up. Word gets back to them and you may find yourself receiving a nice note from their legal department or worse. Just be honest, tell the girl what you want to do, do what you say, and don't show the images around without her permission.

Here's examples of two for whom I did get the fee, Jaime Bergman 1/99 and Tamara Witmer 8/05. Six years between them, and yes, I had submitted quite a few in the interim. Before them, my other one was Justine Greiner, 2/84. You can't count on that to pay the rent for sure.

Regards,
Andy Pearlman
Andy Pearlman Studio
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Andy_Pearlman Visit Andy_Pearlman's homepage! Find More Posts by Andy_Pearlman

Old 10-11-2005, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37804

GreggV is offline IP: 68.0.29.134

"Anyone here making a good deal out of submitting to Playboy? And I dont only mean shooting for their .com"
How would one go about submitting to Playboy's dot com?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to GreggV Find More Posts by GreggV