Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Viva Las Vegas...
Old 10-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.82.31

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Last time I was in Vegas, this past March during WPPI, I won two jackpots, one on the quarters and one on the dollars--came just in time as we were moving into the new house....they weren't big, but good enough to get a free ride to the airport from the folks at Bally's. Of course, if you add up all the times I've lost in Vegas, maybe I've broken even--then comes along this genie looking feller named JT Smith.

Yep, JT decides to hold another one of his world famous events, invites a few folks from GG that I've always wanted to meet, so I says to JT, I might just make it for at least a day or two--this was months ago.

Well JT's been asking, I keep telling him my schedule shucks write kNOW, then he says WTF? I says K, let me sea what meeez can do...see, I see slots already.

Well here's the deal, I can only make it one day, Friday, but the good news is I'll get in on Thursday and leave on Saturday which gives me a couple of options--see I get in early on Thursday and leave mid-afternoon while JT and his folks are basking in the desert sun--course JT reflects a lot of that sun back making his event even hotter than it's known for (grin).

So option one is I'll play a few slots and link up with everyone on Friday, option two says play a bit of black jack then link up with everyone on Friday, option three says gamble only $100, which lasts about ten minutes or less in Vegas, then do some shooting--so who knows, you may see me shooting in Vegas next weekend....flights booked, hotel room is booked, unless things change, which they can, I'll be there at least for one quick deal or a few pulls on the slot machine...can't wait to meet a few of the GG folks....one quick note, I want to get an image while I'm there, a night time glamour shoot with a unique twist for my books I'm working on.

So if you see me with my camera out in front of Bellagio's with a Hensel Premium Porty pack and a ringflash, or better yet, a Hensel beauty dish with the gel in the center over a 7-inch grid and the camera white balance set at 3200K, then I'm working on my book photos.

See, there is this cool trick. Place a CTO, 3/4 to Full CTO over your flash that hits your subject, set your white balance to tungsten light, then watch your background go blue and your subject go golden. You can also do this with a ring flash too. Well more on it later, but look for at least one photographer on the lose on the evening of the 13th......

Again, if you haven't been to one of JT's SuperShoots you're messing out, especially the Vegas one and I can assure you, come heck or high water I'll be at HTL next year unless JT's had nuff of me...wishing you all the best, rg sends!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Viva Las Vegas...
Old 10-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.100.203

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

[ QUOTE ]
....flights booked, hotel room is booked, unless things change, which they can ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for the refundable reservations just to be safe ... never can tell, ya know? hehehe

Have a fun trip and good shooting! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 10-06-2005, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

Hey RG,

Glad you can make at least one of the days. I was beginning to wonder. See you soon!

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 10-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.82.31

You got yours coming. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Next workshop for you, and you only, free provided it's not an "exotic" one--in other words, the IGBN stateside one....

On another note, next time you're in SA, call me...thanks, rg sends!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 10-07-2005, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38112

telcoman is offline IP: 216.43.0.134

Maybe Friday's schedule should be amended to read as follows:

2 p.m. to 3 p.m. - "Contemporary Nudes" Seminar by Johnny Olsen

3 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Chad Boutin

4 p.m. to 6 p.m. - Chung Lee

6 p.m. to 7 p.m. - "The Fine Art of Glamour" Seminar by Dennis Keim

7 p.m. to 8 p.m. - "Pin Up" Timothy Dolph

8 p.m. - "The on location experience" Rolando Gomez

Hmm. Hmm. What do ya think? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to telcoman Visit telcoman's homepage! Find More Posts by telcoman

Old 10-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
J T Smith

So are you saying I suck!!!!!! LOL

You are taking me out of my own event... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 10-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] LOL I almost crapped my pants laughing. I'm so sorry. The description was so long after your part that quickly looking at the schedule to cut and paste it I missed yours.

Thanks for being good humored about it.

For the Record, no you don't suck at all.

1 p.m. to 2 p.m. - "Find the Light" A closer look in "Seeing the Light". Seminar and Workshop by J T Smith. This workshop will explain in depth where to look for the best places to find and utilize wonderful natural light to photograph models. Emphasis will be put on the quality of light to create images with impact in Beauty Photography.

David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to telcoman Visit telcoman's homepage! Find More Posts by telcoman

Old 10-07-2005, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37080

grumblecat is offline IP: 24.7.150.143

You know what is funny JT is that I was just looking at the schedule the other day to see if Monday had been fleshed out yet and I saw the list of Friday's mentors and was all, "Where is JT's segment then I realized it was first but didn't look like part of it because the description acts to separate it from the rest of the schedule. Strange trick of how you expect to see things.

See you in a week.

gary
  View Public Profile Send a private message to grumblecat Visit grumblecat's homepage! Find More Posts by grumblecat

On a more serious note
Old 10-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Seriously now, looking at the schedule and the mentors, what an amazing collection of talent all sharing information at the same time. This is going to be one GREAT event. I pitty those that can't come. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

David

Old 10-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
J T Smith

There is two options I have for Monday and I am leaning towards maximizing shooting time with actual studios and hotel property again. I do have another location worked out to go to but after running two full days until sunset I am leaning towards maximizing shoot time on the last day with all of our models.

That will explain that. I will determine this weekend and let everyone know.

J T