Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Well now I have a job...plus more!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.82.31

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well it's not a full-time job, but a part time job of sorts--though I don't treat it like a job as it's something I love to do on my free time. (What's free time? grin)

Effective Nov. 2005 I am now officially on the "masthead" of Studio Photography & Design as a contributing writer--basically what that means is I'll continue to get assignments as needed but my name will appear in every magazine where all the other people's names that work on the magazine appear--the masthead--regardless if I have a story that month or not.

After contributing as an editor & writer to a special 14-page section in their Dec. 2003 issue, the editor gave me more chances at my writing skills in their Oct. 2004 issue then in their Photo Imaging and Design Expo show guide April 2005. That led to my first two-page article with SP&D in August 2005 followed by this month's (Oct. 2005) two-page article which doesn't feature any glamour images, though all the other articles in the past did.

Somehow I'm writing more than ever and recently confirmed with Amherst two more books that I'm already putting together. The interesting part of writing for photography books and magazines is that you have to provide images to illustrate your point--seems my photojournalism comes full-circle as I can practice PJ work while conducting glamour & beauty shoots. Bottom line, I need more models to photograph! More ideas to writer about!

And as if things couldn't get better, Lexar's 2006 calendar is at the printer and comes out soon, packed with many photographs and this year they gave me the inside cover right above the CEO's message--these are high-gloss and I'll have extras to give away at my workshop.

Finally, the icing on the cake, the folks at Photo District News today told me that out of 99 seminars the Photo Plus Expo 2005 my "glamour attitude" seminar is selling in the top four of all seminars with almost 100 people already signed-up! They said all top four workshops are filling much faster than last year. We still have room for more, so sign-up! Support the glamour genre, make a statement!

This rocks and it's folks here that have signed up that are helping send the message to the photoindustry, glamour is a bonafide genre that needs to be looked at more. Thanks to everyone here that plans to be there, if you haven't signed up, then please do it, send a message to the industry, glamour is a strong genre of photography.

Thanks to all here on GG, without you I'm just another credit-line in the paper...thanks, rg sends!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Well now I have a job...plus more!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Congrats Rolando....you're going to have to get a bigger plate...the one you have is already full!!
Wow!

Don.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Thanks, but in reality, I eat small portions [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], besides, my wife says I need to diet otherwise I might look like some of those midwest photographers [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].

Seriously, I enjoy writing, I do most of it on the plane. As an example, this month I'll be on a plane to Atlanta, then NYC, then Philadelphia--and they all have return flights. Break out the laptop and go to town!

I'm still trying to fit Vegas in too, I wanted to see JT and everyone down there, but it's not looking too good, though I'm not going to give up right now and should know something after Atlanta. Problem now we have a big PPA thing that same weekend here in Texas that one of my sponsors wants me to attend.

Oh well, with a new Q date coming out for the Spring of 2006, if we don't make it to Vegas perhaps we can meet then...talk soon, thanks, rg sends!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 10-05-2005, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, but in reality, I eat small portions , besides, my wife says I need to diet otherwise I might look like some of those midwest photographers .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have you know I have the body of a god!!! too bad its Buddah!!
and dont let your wife push you around mr!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Now you're pushing it bud...(grin)

Does your honey beat you with a stick...my kind of girl (grin)...later, rg sends!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

Love that Image......

Don.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41014
Comments: 0

RoshGlamour is offline IP: 24.99.116.139

Congratulations Rolando! Glad to see all your hard work is paying off.

View Public Profile Send a private message to RoshGlamour Visit RoshGlamour's homepage! Find More Posts by RoshGlamour

Old 10-06-2005, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35623

bscott3125 is offline IP: 70.129.185.146

Congrats Rolando! I never get sick of hearing about success stories!

Hope you do get to make it out to Vegas though....if so, see you there!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bscott3125 Visit bscott3125's homepage! Find More Posts by bscott3125

Old 10-06-2005, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38112

telcoman is offline IP: 216.43.0.134

Congratulations. You deserve every oz. of your success. You remind me of the saying "The harder I work, the luckier I get." Your hard work is certainly paying off for you (not luck). I especially commend you for your willingness to share the information you've worked so hard for with us.

I hope you're able to make Vegas, if not, we'll see you some other time.

David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to telcoman Visit telcoman's homepage! Find More Posts by telcoman

Old 10-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fashion Model

Member GG#: 37958
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Cherie

Cherie is offline IP: 71.0.157.249

I have the hardest time to get on here and keep up with everyone anymore, but I'm so happy for you!! You are AMAZING!! I don't know how you find time to do it all!! I'm so happy for you. People who work hard for success, definately deserve it!! So awesome Rolando, really!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Cherie Visit Cherie's homepage! Find More Posts by Cherie