Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Texas trip
Old 10-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.100.203

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Back from my 4-day, non-Q visit to San Antonio and wanted to publicly thank a few members that made the trip more lemonade than lemons for me.

Candy Lace of San Antonio and I got together Friday afternoon for a fun few hours of shooting. Having never visited that part of Texas, she was a great help in scouting out a couple of locations to work in and was delightful in front of the camera. Thanks, Candy!

Taylor D. was really sweet trying to work in a shoot and making me feel welcome in the Lone Star state. Unfortunately, her helping family members in Beaumont hammer by Rita kept us from getting together. But, ever the pro and all-around nice person, she was profusely apologetic and kept me appraised of her situation throughout my visit. Very much appreciated, Taylor, and I know we'll get together at some point!

And finally, a major "thank you" to my Cuz -- Mike Hickey -- who got together with me in Austin where we talked shop, swapped tales and gorged ourselves on chess pie slices courtesy of the lovely Mrs. H. It was a blast, Cuz, thanks! Incidentally, if you think Mike's stuff rocks as seen here online -- I'm here to tell you it's even lovelier seeing the prints. Amazing work, Mike!

The trip had a few exciting moments, as well. Not the least of which was when my departing Delta jet was towed into a fuel truck as it left the ramp! Never a good sign when you hear a thud and then the pilot comes on and says "I don't want to alarm any of you ... but in a few moments you'll see several firetrucks on the left side of the aircraft."

The upshot? No boom or fire. Hours later stuck in San Antonio at the Hilton for an addditional day. Luggage flown off to lord knows where. LOL

The silver-ling being that at least when I arrived in Philly the next day, the bags were actually waiting for me -- so I didn't have to play the usual 45-minute watch the carousel game after landing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Off to tone some of the work done out there and will post it in the coming days.

Thanks again!
Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Re: Texas trip
Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35760

mike7750 is offline IP: 69.242.3.33

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Glad to see you made use of your time well while there. I for one decided to just eat the cost of my plane tickets rather then make the trip.

Just teaches me not plan so far ahead next time or at least get refundable tickets.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mike7750 Find More Posts by mike7750

My thoughts
Old 10-05-2005, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 70.112.31.251

As much as I dislike where this forum has swerved and the fact that it takes on far too much political and far less artistic veins, I can say this, without GG I would not have linked up with Dave and some other great artist friends and lovely models.

When cuz and I got together we ended up with two on-lookers in the room and I am not sure what they got out of our discussion but I am sure they felt better just being around two artistic, passionate dudes talking about what we love.

As I said cuz, when I get to Nashville a trip to your home is on my schedule.

and remember, armpits are important. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 10-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.116.203

[ QUOTE ]
I for one decided to just eat the cost of my plane tickets rather then make the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tickets were a little too rich for my diet to simply consume, Mike ... lol

Mostly just glad members here were kind enough to step in and lend a hand when plans went south on the Q. Speaks volumes about those who use this board and it is very much appreciated. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dave

P.S. And yep, a valuable lesson learned about paying the extra $$$ to get refundable tickets.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Re: My thoughts
Old 10-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.116.203

You hit the nail right on the head on all accounts, Cuz.

While I don't particularly mind others speaking out on any topics they are passionate about, it would be nice to see the Off-Topic forum sliced from the Last 24-hours views (which I typically use to read new messages). That way those who are more excited about the "Tastes great/Less Filling" arguement of the moment (be it politics, religion or whatever) could simply pop right into the Off-Topic forum and flail away. Then the rest of us could get to read a solid amount of posts on, gasp, photography in the 24-hour view. My take on it anyway.

Funny your mentioning our visitors during our get together since the same thought occured to me ... lol But it was good to see neither dozed off or made a mad dash to the door, so I guess they were into it too.

Thanks again for the delightful visit -- I had a blast. Oh, I forgot to mention earlier that my chasing the setting sun after our visit got me to about 25 miles north of Corpus Christi before I saw it twinkle out. But, as usual, the journey was just as interesting as reaching the destination so it was all good. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Take care and looking forward to our next get together, whether it be here on TN. And tell Melinda thanks again for the pie --- it was dee-licious!

Dave

Re: UR Texas trip
Old 10-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 83.52.40.95

great to hear you had such a great time.... i wont be stopping in TX as i cant find anyone who wants to shoot with me next summer, but i know if i ever did, i hope it'll be as great as yours!!

waiting to see the results of your trip!!! take care!!

Re: UR Texas trip
Old 10-06-2005, 08:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.100.203

Thanks, Tony! Given the choice though, a visit to Majorica, Peniscola or Barcelona might have been even more fun. Color me green here dude, Spain is one heck of a fun playground to shoot in! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm shipping the proof CD off to Candy Lace tonight and will post some after getting her input on the images (I always like to run them by the model before sharing them with others). So look for a posting by me at some point next week or so ... at least model images-wise.

Thanks again!
Dave

Re: pixs of Candy Lace
Old 10-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 83.52.40.95

hhahahahaaaaa, right now Barcelona is trying to be recognized as a separate NATION within Spain!!! what i've always said: Catalyuna is NOT spanish!!! thanks for your comment and i'll be waiting to see the pixs. yes, i'm the same way and get permission fm the model to show a few fotos from a shoot too no matter that a release was signed!! take care!!

Old 10-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Goddess

Member GG#: 44224
Send a message via AIM to TaylorDelfino Send a message via Yahoo to TaylorDelfino

TaylorDelfino is offline IP: 65.166.25.172

Glad you made it home okay dear - I just got in tonight, and am soooo beat! It's really unfortunate we weren't able to work something out, but I promise we will at some point! :/ Hope you had a great time, nonetheless - despite the airplane fiasco LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks again for being so understanding...
Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TaylorDelfino Visit TaylorDelfino's homepage! Find More Posts by TaylorDelfino

Old 10-09-2005, 12:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.117.8

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks again for being so understanding

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem whatsoever, Taylor. In my book, family commitments and dealing with hurricane damages will always trump any last minute plans to get together and shoot. Mostly glad your relatives in Beaumont are okay and that they have a caring person like you to help them through this trying time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm positive our paths will cross one of these days!

And yes, Texas WAS fun -- even a Q-less/Taylor-less visit ... hehehe I ended up working with a SA model, Candy Lace, and then hit the Alamo, Riverwalk, Mission Trail -- before traveling west as far as Del Rio, northeast to Austin to visit cousin Mikey and then south to ALMOST Corpus Chrisiti (ran out of sun close to Kenedy). Yep, ever the driving machine here! LOL

Finally tally? About 600 frames clicked off (color and infrared), around 1400 miles driven, four Venti Frappicinos, 3 BBQ brisket and sausage dinners, Mexican dinners ... and a partridge in a pear tree! No wait, that was a grackle in a mesquite bush ... lol

Thanks again for all your thoughtfulness throughout all of this!

Dave

Mission Concepción, San Antonio, Texas