Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Marie in Malibu...
Old 09-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41572
Comments: 0

DBA1 is offline IP: 69.234.238.254

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Don made a post a few days back challenging us newbies to try something we have not done before. And, explain what we learned from it. Although I have shot outdoors before, and I assisted Kori and Jimmy with a beach swim suit shoot. I was mereley a reflector boy. And have wanted to try it on my own ever since.

Marie is a new model MM # 29270 and was happy to oblige. She is a very beautiful girl and was very enthusiastic. A pleasure to work with! We shot quite a bit both at the beach and in the studio. Here are a couple I had time to touch up yesterday.

A quick run down on tools.

One newbie model armed with her beauty and her swim suit.

One newbie photographer armed with a Digital Rebel, an Auto Meter VF light meter, a gold reflector and a bunch of other stuff I never even used.

What I learned.

1.Just because you have seen it done, doesn't necessarily mean you can do it.

2.There is such a thing as too much gold reflector.

3.Dogs like this beach. It is pretty wide open and secluded. They use it as a race track of sorts. Beware of speeding dogs especially the big ones while in and around sand and water with your camera. For some reason they feel while at speed you will move out of there way even if you don't see them. Fortunately, no dogs, models, photographers or cameras were hurt making these images.

I know what I learned from this shoot. I will post some more as I get them touched up. I'm sure there is more to learn from others viewing these images. With that said.......
* Dons helmet and fire suit * Fire away!

Thanks!
Rick.

Ps. Thanks to Ashley Mendez MUA. And Reflector Boy Marco! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by DBA1

Re: Marie in Malibu...
Old 09-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think that a combination of these two images would have been great, with the bottom half of her turned like it is in the top picture (accentuating her curvatious booty), and with the top turned more toward the camera like in the bottom picture (which doesn't overemphasize her less than curvatios breasteses). I only point this out because she doesn't look proportional in the top picture and the bootom looks like she has no waist line, but a combination of the two could accentuate her.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Old 09-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Toni,

Thanks for the comments! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I see what you mean. Next time I'll try to spend more time composing for better angles. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rick.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Hey Rick!! you forgot the most important part...like you said its not as easy as it looks...but you're out there doing it...which means practice for you!!
now that its cooling off here...we'll be doing more outdoors stuff too...glad to see you hammering away at it....and not afraid to take some abuse!!! but then again it should be easy here,compared to taking it from Jimmy!!!
that in itself is an inspiration to me! so you've inspired me to get outdoors!
Thanks Rick!!!

Don.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thanks Don! Cool beans [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I always look forward to your images! As far as the abuse, hey if it makes us better photographers... It's worth it! Putting the camera down is not an option!!!

Rick.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.4.226.48

Hey Rick, just wanted to say it's good to see you getting out there on your own! It should be easy for you with the help you've gotten from Jimmy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Only thing I can really think of about the images is to watch the horizon line -- in the first one it's slanted a bit, but who am I to talk? In the last shoot I did of Maty with the 'Vette, darn near every single one of 'em was crooked (the car was just noticeably tilted one way or another), and I just fixed that in PS. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That'll teach me to not use a tripod! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
1.Just because you have seen it done, doesn't necessarily mean you can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't it the truth. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Keep it up!

Sam

View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 09-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

[ QUOTE ]
Only thing I can really think of about the images is to watch the horizon line -- in the first one it's slanted a bit, but who am I to talk? In the last shoot I did of Maty with the 'Vette, darn near every single one of 'em was crooked (the car was just noticeably tilted one way or another

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz your head is crooked!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.4.226.48

Dude I think it seriously is. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I need help, or else I'm doomed to a lifetime of crooked photos! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 09-23-2005, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Hey Sam!

Thanks Man! I see what you mean by the horizon. I'll play with it some more see if I can straighten it up.

Your right about Jimmy. I'm lucky in that he is so close and helps me out quite a bit. He said the other day;

"You need to shoot as much as you can right now. That way all the little things you struggle with will become second nature. Then, all your concentration goes into the image".

And that is what was playing through my head as I was sorting out my exposure parameters while still trying to look like I had a clue [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Here is one from the studio I kinda like. Have a great weekend dude!

Rick.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.105.251.191

nice work, I like the contrasting colors of blue and orange

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD