Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Ralph H is da man!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38676
Comments: 0

David_L_Brown is offline IP: 68.96.170.10

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Howdy everyone, just wanted to publicly thank Ralph Haseltine for being the nicest guy I have met in a long time. A couple of months ago he made an offer here on GG that he would recover data from memory cards or hard drives for GG members. He was serious. I just got my photos back from him and the only cost was the price of a replacement drive to load the crashed drive's data onto plus shipping. I had previously gotten an estimate from a well-known company for $1700 and had resigned myself to the loss of the data but now I am a happy man. Let me repeat. Ralph did it for free. Yep, he's my hero [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Thank you Ralph, thank you thank you thank you.

PS; hopefully this will teach me to back up my data so I won't have to bother Ralph again... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David_L_Brown Find More Posts by David_L_Brown

Known him for years
Old 09-23-2005, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44422

wickedwillie50131 is offline IP: 12.216.166.195

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Even though we have never met. I have often instant messaged him in regards to issues that I have come accross. I have had technology questions, problems with models and needed support as to how to resolve it professionally. Having a friend and colleague to give new direction when I am lost is worth its weight in gold. I just hope he is not as big as I am, that might be alot of gold that I owe him and I dont have that much gold.

If its stuck, get a bigger hammer. If it gets broken, it needed replacing anyway.
The above is a quote from when I was in sales, selling Steiner and Great Dane Equipment. Hmm this might give you insight large Iowa farm boy turned photographer, lol. My John Deere is bigger then yours.
willie12_99@yahoo.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to wickedwillie50131 Find More Posts by wickedwillie50131

Re: Ralph H is da man!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 46015

Kyla_Brown is offline IP: 24.13.247.224

Yes I totally agree, Ralph is the MAN. He is the greatest in so many senses of the word....it's a good thing other's realize it as well....RALPH ROCKS!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Kyla_Brown Find More Posts by Kyla_Brown

Old 09-23-2005, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ed Peters

Member GG#: 37945

epeters is offline IP: 65.193.202.162

[ QUOTE ]
Howdy everyone, just wanted to publicly thank Ralph Haseltine for being the nicest guy I have met in a long time. A couple of months ago he made an offer here on GG that he would recover data from memory cards or hard drives for GG members. He was serious. I just got my photos back from him and the only cost was the price of a replacement drive to load the crashed drive's data onto plus shipping. I had previously gotten an estimate from a well-known company for $1700 and had resigned myself to the loss of the data but now I am a happy man. Let me repeat. Ralph did it for free. Yep, he's my hero [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Thank you Ralph, thank you thank you thank you.

Good show Ralph..

PS; hopefully this will teach me to back up my data so I won't have to bother Ralph again... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to epeters Find More Posts by epeters

Old 09-23-2005, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ralph Haseltine

Member GG#: 37117
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to RalphH Send a message via AIM to RalphH Send a message via Yahoo to RalphH

RalphH is offline IP: 66.87.105.102

Dave, Glad the drives got there ok and that the images were for the most part all intact. Very kewl...been there and that is why I offer it up to anyone that has an issue...AND, this offer still stands for all GG members...if you run into bad memory cards, drives, etc. and need them recovered...just reach out to me and I will do all I can for you...no charge except for anything I have to do out of pocket, such as a new hard drive...cf cards I can put on DVD or CD and that costs me next to nothing so it costs you nothing...just my way of giving back to the community...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RalphH Find More Posts by RalphH

Old 09-23-2005, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ralph Haseltine

My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to RalphH Send a message via AIM to RalphH Send a message via Yahoo to RalphH

Kyla, my muse...lol...call me when you get a chance...sent you a message via MM...Ralph

Old 09-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 71.35.35.87

I also Second that!!

Ralph is the MAN!! I formatted three CF cards after a shoot, and again after another shoot. And he retrieved images from all 3 cards.

He did this free, and was so cool about it.

Guys, if you have a probelm with your CF cards or your hard drives.. Call him..

Cant tell you how great it was to get those images back.

Andrew
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 09-23-2005, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.4.226.48

I third that! I'll be sending him my CF card real soon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 09-23-2005, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dax
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35270

Dax is offline IP: 72.144.5.110

Nice to regognize, I think he is a great guy myself, as we have exchanged emails and chatted a bit about life and photography and he seems to be a stand up guy.

Wouldn't it be nice if you sent him a nice present for saving your images AND $1700? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] that's if you have not already!

View Public Profile Send a private message to Dax Visit Dax's homepage! Find More Posts by Dax

Old 09-23-2005, 11:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ralph Haseltine

My Mood:

DAX, Dude!...how's living?...been a while...you keeping a low profile or something?...lol...waiting to see some of that extreme high quality images of yours that I have come to love and admire!...how ya been?....