Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Erin Marie. 4 more from the garage.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.199.141

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

And here's 4 more from my shoot with new GG model Erin Marie:

Any thoughts?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Re: Erin Marie. 4 more from the garage.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 216.65.172.243

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Thoughts? Yes...I have several but I think I will keep them to myself this time... I am sure people are getting tired of me posting the same critiques over and over again.... Lets see if someone else can give an honest critique this time.

Scott

View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 09-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

I'll give it a shot....

#1 her expression tells me she's bored with the whole thing and wants to get it over with!

#2 the best of the series but same problem on the expression....almost seems like she's keeping her eye on you and uncomfortably wondering what you're up too!

#3 over exposed!

#4 too much background clutter!

Just my Opinion

Don.

Old 09-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.212.79

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts? Yes...I have several but I think I will keep them to myself this time... I am sure people are getting tired of me posting the same critiques over and over again.... Lets see if someone else can give an honest critique this time.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott, no one is forcing you to critique my shots. While I value your opinion your arrogant attitude is getting tiresome. If you've got something constructive to say, say it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 09-22-2005, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

Well that covered most of my thoughts on these... Lets see if anyone else will say anything about the rest of my thoughts...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 09-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Mike...First I am not in anyway arrogant. What I am is intolerant of people refusing to improve their work. I am intollerant of people that post the same snapshots over and over and over (different model same pose and location) and they hear the same critiques everytime and yet they continue to make the same mistakes and continue to waste the time of people that try to help them. I am tired of people with a point and shoot camera thinking they are photographers. I am tired of people that have cameras that are capable of being set manually but they refuse to learn the basics of photography so that they can use those functions and actually take control of their work rather then allowing a computer chip decide what is going to be captured.

So here is the constructive part.... Sell your camera and go back to writing. You are looking more and more like a GWC that just wants a way to get pretty girls undressed and in front of the lens. If you think this is just my opinion then you are very wrong.

Scott

Old 09-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.4.253.69

Okay, I'll try, but here lately I've been so out of it (not sleeping sucks!!), so just take everything I say with a grain of salt. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Well, I dunno specifically what you were going for (I'm trying more and more these days to consider what the photographer's goal was in the first place before critiquing), so here I'm just gonna say what I think like if these were my photos and what I wished would've been different.

#1: I think it'd have been nice if her neck was elongated more. That would've helped with creases in her neck, which sometimes bother me, sometimes not, but I think it would've been good here. I think the contrast range is too high for this one, too... maybe a reflector or something to camera left would be good. Here too I think I'd like to see more of her -- I dunno why, but the crop feels a little too close for me. That's probably just a personal thing, though.

#2: I think there's probably too much of the window showing... it's brightness kinda draws your attention there a little too much to me. I tried cropping it down in PS to where the window is just a sliver, and it seemed to help quite a bit, IMO.

#3: Similar to #2, but as Don said, it's overexposed. I think the second one is working much better in this case.

#4: You know, it's funny, in something like painting, with perhaps a looser style (i.e.: not trying to recreate a photo with paint, something more abstract), the line traveling through the main area of focus (in this case her head) might be considered elements that lead your eye there, but in photography it just skewers the subjects head... Go figure. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Don covered expressions, and I'm never good at evoking expressions from my models anyway, so I can't really say anything there (well, model, singular -- I just let her do her thing, and so far so good [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

Well, just keep in mind that from what I've seen you've had more shoots than I have, so this entire critique could just be way off. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] But hopefully this will help a little!

Sam

View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 09-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37943

cindavphoto is offline IP: 216.229.94.144

I say "DON'T GIVE UP"!! It's time to do some more studing and you're only going to learn by practice, practice, practice!!! Christmas is coming up, time to think about some new equipment.

OK, expressions, when you want kind of a serious expression, tell your model to just open her mouth just enough to breath. OHHHHH what a sexy look that creates!!

The last one, I agree is way to much clutter. I'd say if you know enough about photoshop, do some cloning, and vinetting, then bump up the contrast to try to creat a silouett out of her body. I, unlike a lot of photographers, don't think there is anything wrong with photoshop. It's part of the fun of going digital!!

I love your use of natural light in the first one. I just think you need to bump up the contrast a little to give it some pop.

I think the second one, once again, great use of natural light just needs the same treatment. But be carefull not to over expose the window part any more than it already is.

Back to the first one again, have you read up on brightening the eyes yet. You really should!! It's a great technique that would really make this image pop.

Remember, have them open their mouth, just enough to breath. Just show the slightest bit of teeth.

Oh yeah, you're getting a little better at trying to tell a story throught the images.
Cinnamon

View Public Profile Send a private message to cindavphoto Visit cindavphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by cindavphoto