Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Urgent Question on the Q
Old 09-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 24.174.136.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

We've had some emails with people concerned about the upcoming get together, the "Q," here in San Antonio on Saturday, Oct. 1st concerning the people affected by Katrina that can't come plus the current forecast of Hurricane Rita hitting Central Texas--it's already a Cat 2 and yesterday wasn't even a hurricane and it's just going to enter the Gulf of Mexico with its crosshairs at Texas.

In the past, hurricanes that hit between Corpus Christi and Houston provide torrential rains and street flooding in San Antonio plus wind damage. While my house is up high, if Rita hits the Centeral Texas coast as forecasted, San Antonio will have some type of damage, maybe small, maybe nothing, maybe huge, no one knows.

Add to the conflict, my folks live in Victoria, two hours south of here and two years ago they rode out that hurricane--the eye traveled 15 miles from my parents house. While their town was flooded and wind damaged my folks home survived though they had no electric for 10 days and had to boil water. Right now my Dad is recovering from Surgery at their hospital so I'll probably run down and pick up my Mother Thursday if Rita doesn't go away while my father stays at the hospital.

Most recently, as most of you already know, we had to help out my in-laws in Mississippi and then my brother and his family who until last Friday were evacuees that stayed in our house for three weeks--while their home that sat on the north side of Lake Ponchitrain was spared, their neighbors weren't so lucky. You can never tell with these storms.

Now that you know the scenario, here's the question--do we keep the Q as planned or do we postpone it till Spring, say early April or late March? I want your opinion as I think that nature will reduce the size of it this year and at the same time I want to make sure no one will get killed with the airlines for changing your tickets.

Your opinion is valued and for the sake of people's travel plans we need to act very soon. Let me know, thanks, rg sends!

View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Urgent Question on the Q
Old 09-20-2005, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.116.203

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

You may want to take a wait-and-see attitude for now, rg, although I hear you about all that might be problematic for the event.

In my case, the airline tickets are purchased (non-refundable to get the best rate), hotel room reserved -- so I'll be in San Antonio either way. Worst case scenerio for me is I'll find something or someone to photograph, wet or dry.

If plans for the events do change, be sure and let me know.

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 09-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

well, considering all you've mentioned, plus the fact that i can't be there in october and, who knows, maybe i could be there in the spring, i'll vote for a postponement if this is actually a poll.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 09-20-2005, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Pretty sure he's asking those who planned to attend the event, Jimmy, as opposed to the community in general. At any rate, I'd suspect those who already have the money plunked down for it would be the logical ones to voice an opinion on it.

My take anyway.

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 09-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

and i'm pretty sure you're right... but when's that stopped me from pitching in my two cents? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Can't argue with you there Jimmy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 71.35.35.87

I vote for the postponement... then I could hopefully be well and get there. Of course, I would do my darndest..

I cant go in October.. so I vot for the postponement.

Rolando, hopefully you got my Pm and willl hold off if you do postpone the Q till spring.

Andrew
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Postpone.. ! :)
Old 09-20-2005, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36153

m435tro is offline IP: 71.103.190.136

Rolando,

I'm a bit glad reading your post. The fact that I really wanna be there at Q but time doesn't permitted. And when I read that there is possibility for me to go next year I would say let's postpone it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to m435tro Visit m435tro's homepage! Find More Posts by m435tro

Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Goddess

Member GG#: 44224
Send a message via AIM to TaylorDelfino Send a message via Yahoo to TaylorDelfino

TaylorDelfino is offline IP: 65.166.25.172

As much as I was looking forward to it, and have made *many* schedule adjustments to accomodate it, I can certainly be sympathtic to everyone's problems regarding the hurricane(s). So if it does get postponed, then I'll volunteer to work with ya Dave [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Hopefully it goes ahead as scheduled, but if not, then we will all make the necessary adjustments to the best of our ability, I assume...
Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TaylorDelfino Visit TaylorDelfino's homepage! Find More Posts by TaylorDelfino

Old 09-20-2005, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
So if it does get postponed, then I'll volunteer to work with ya Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Taylor! Regardless of the decision good to know that we will have our shoot! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Let's keep our fingers crossed, for all involved, that Rita's nothing more that a passing scare and everything still comes off as planned.

Dave