Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
How to win friends and influence people...
Old 09-20-2005, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071
Comments: 0

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

After reading the thread on "Praising the Pole Dancers" it occured to me that there's a workshop that needs to take place that I never hear about. This would be specifically about how to approach potential models, where to find them, how not to get slapped, how to establish a report with a model while shooting, etc...

I'm constantly reading threads from photographers asking where to find models and once you find them, what should you say. You can teach somebody all of the technical photography skills in the world, but what they really need is a people skills development class. Is there anybody offering something like this?

Image by Joe Farace (who has a great studio-side personality)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Re: How to win friends and influence people...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
marcogranto

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 209.247.222.85

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

You're right Toni and getting that information to photographers has always been a priority to me at my workshops and in fact, Robert Sanders and I will be discussing it as well at his San Diego workshop this weekend. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Tony,

I'm so glad you said this. Rick and Jim are a great resource for this and discuss it at every Focus Workshops event. JT and Kelly actually give some real life scenarios and role play it. It's fun to watch them, but you can really learn from that, too!

Hmm give me an idea. I think I'll put together a video of how I do it. That'd be fun! Now casting: "One female model to play a potential model. Limited acting experience required, as you've probably acted out this part for real!" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mike

View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Old 09-20-2005, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
kelly

Member GG#: 35526

kellyg is offline IP: 65.247.32.197

Hey Toni,
It's a great idea and looks like a popular one. JT and I have been doing a communication segment between photographer and model in each of the Supershoot workshops for awhile now. We give advice, answer questions, and touch on many aspects of communicating/connecting with the models. Its been a success so far for us!

kellyg
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kellyg Visit kellyg's homepage! Find More Posts by kellyg

Old 09-20-2005, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35318

JasonNJ is offline IP: 68.196.99.6

Have been doing that at ...that other workshop. Has been well received and requested many times. From a model standpoint I can see that as making your job less difficult in the art of negotiations, from a photographer stand point they don't get slapped in the face as much....and from my standpoint, well I don't get to laugh at some people getting slapped in the face anymore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But excellent point considering I have witnessed first hand some people just walking up to strangers, "Hello I am a photographer would you be interested in posing nude for me?" *slap*

JasonNJ
GPCB
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JasonNJ Visit JasonNJ's homepage! Find More Posts by JasonNJ

Old 09-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576

rixafter6 is offline IP: 69.247.193.169

Toni:

I've been to a few workshops where this subject has been touched upon but never in depth. As for me, I'm not very shy and have a minor gift of gab that seems to put people at ease, when I want them to feel at ease. Since you have experience as a model and dancer and have heard many different lines, maybe you should consider this as a new business for yourself. Ask Rolando how much it cost's to put out a DVD.

Rick D.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

Old 09-20-2005, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36702
Comments: 4
Send a message via AIM to dustylenscap

dustylenscap is offline IP: 68.1.29.217

Wow! Mike you hooked up with Stephanie and Diana...way cool man..good work.

Dusty

View Public Profile Send a private message to dustylenscap Visit dustylenscap's homepage! Find More Posts by dustylenscap

Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Yes sir I did.

Stay Tuned to StareMagazine.com for more images from our shoot
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44937
Send a message via MSN to Joseph1

Joseph1 is offline IP: 205.241.36.199

Hi,
Actually the subject of your post resumes the answer i got. The book from Dale Carninge ¨how to win friends and influence people¨ is very useful for photogrphers. I the profile is Matheew Jordan and he advices to read this book. He is a celebrity photographer. you can go to his webpage http://www.matthewjordansmith.com/ This book has helped him so much. He says that people photography is not all about the skills, it`s about relationships. When people like you ,they hire you.

Good luck in your relationships.

Joseph Art
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Joseph1 Find More Posts by Joseph1