Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Praising the pole dancers
Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576
Comments: 0

rixafter6 is offline IP: 69.247.193.169

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

This is an homage to all those ladies that dance at “Gentlemen’s Clubs.� I thank you all.

About ten years ago I was a photographer just past the GWC stage with a roll of white seamless, two Photogenic strobes and wanting to expand into shooting nudes. The only place I knew where the women were at that wouldn’t slap my face for even bringing up the subject of posing nude were at the "Gentlemen’s Clubs" dancing with a brass pole.

These ladies know how to assess risk and a few took a chance with me after seeing my pitiful portfolio of 4x6 images that looked like they came out of a Sears catalog. Without their bravery, natural talent and comfort level I would probably still be a sniveling idiot in front of a naked lady.

For all you noobies out there, this is a place to start. These are women that have men hit on them on a daily basis and can detect a phony right away. The "Gentelmans Club" is a place to hone your people skills as a professional photographer and approach attractive women in a "safe" enviorment. If they don't want to pose for you, they'll let you know right away but if they do say yes, sometimes they'll bring a friend.

Rick D.

View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

Re: Praising the pole dancers
Old 09-19-2005, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 68.18.216.79

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I've heard the praises of "gentlemen's clubs" sung several times here to find models, I've just never done it before. In fact, would you believe I've never been to a strip club in my life? Just never had a desire to. Maybe I should start. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 09-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43840
Comments: 2
Send a message via ICQ to moscato_images Send a message via AIM to moscato_images Send a message via Yahoo to moscato_images

moscato_images is offline IP: 12.210.249.221

I havn't been to one either. I don't believe I'm missing anything.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to moscato_images Visit moscato_images's homepage! Find More Posts by moscato_images

Old 09-19-2005, 11:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 65.0.241.247

Pass me another R&C.............
Amen!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to FrankParis Find More Posts by FrankParis

Old 09-19-2005, 11:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 24.154.175.235

They must be made different where you are .
I have gone to a few up here and when I bring up the fact that I would like to photograph them ( and pay them for their time ) THAT is when they want to slap me
Usually they get up and walk away ( least I get to drink in peace and quiet )

You and Jimmy need to point a poor slob like me in the right direction
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Funny....
Old 09-20-2005, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35737

David Bunch is offline IP: 209.102.150.183

Every dancer I ever approached "in club" just used me to get cigs and drinks, and then wanted to know why they would even think of posing for a photographer. "How do I know what you'll do with the pics?" was an average response. And they usually wanted an average shift's wages to pose, in my area that's about 600 bux. Either that, or they called over one of the bouncers and had me thrown out for "soliciting on premises". I haven't even thought of asking a dancer in years. Just not worth the scrapes and bruises upon contact with the pavement.

David

ps...ymmv, oc.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David Bunch Visit David Bunch's homepage! Find More Posts by David Bunch

Old 09-20-2005, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.212.79

I
ve had mixed reactions from the dancers at Deja Vu in Kalamazoo. Most of them have heard every single pick line and come on known to mankind at least twice. So when I try to talk to them about photography they immediately shut me out. However, there is one girl in particular that I have been politely trying to get to pose for me since I picked up my lil GWC camera in April. This girl is the (IMHO anyway) living definition of The pretty gril next door. Why in the hell she's wasting herself in a strip club is beyond me, though I know for a fact that she is making nice money. I don't even want her to pose nude for me, I just want to get that pretty face and smile of hers into my portfolio.

I have had one of the waitresses from the Vu pose for me. And it was a pretty good, lingerie/covered nude shoot. She was very comfortable with the nudity and it made for a productive afternoon. I called her up 2 days later and scheduled another shoot, which she then flaked on, after driving an hour to meet her she was nowhere to be found. She gave me some excuse about being kicked out of her sorority house. I made another date with her which she also cancelled.

I have also received my first PAYING offers in this same club, though neither girl has actually contacted me to confirm or set up a date.

AND... Another avenue that I continue to explore where potential models are concerned is the weekly amateur contest. Every week the Vu has a contest for any girl who wants to give stripping a try. Winner gets 300 bucks! Since Kz is a college town there are usually 2 or 3 pretty good looking girls. I usually take my portfolio into the club and use it to show my work and give my spiel. I've gotten lots of interest, but as of yet no shoots.

To use a fishing analogy, my bait gets taken and I feel them tug on the hooks but when it comes time to reel em in, nothin...

I'll keep trying. Admission is only 5 bucks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 09-20-2005, 08:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36441
Send a message via Skype™ to bnchrcr

bnchrcr is offline IP: 70.179.26.156

My first nude shoots were of dancers but I got there in a slightly different way. I got hooked up with a husband and wife couple that ran a service that provided strippers for private parties. They needed photos of the girls for brochures and such. They had a house that was seemingly made for photography, every room looked like a photo set. They would call me up and schedule a shoot and when I'd show up there would be four or five girls all ready and waiting. It was doing a shoot with the guy's wife that made me realize I that I had to find a way to dump my day job and pursue my passion. She was moonlighting in a local strip club and set up a shoot for us on a Friday morning before the club opened. She had the lighting guy there and there were a couple of people cleaning up and that's it. We did a lot of shots of her in and out of various costumes and different stage lighting. She was, of course, completely comfortable in the nude and saw no need to use the dressing room for costume changes. Once the shoot was done and we needed to discuss some business we went over to the bar and got out the paperwork. For the next half hour or so we talked about the use of the photos we had just shot and made plans for her to see the proofs, and the entire time she was standing there in nothing but high heels. Later that day, back at work, I remember looking out over the cubicle farm and telling myself, "I gotta get out of here!"

Both of these girls were strippers.

Drew
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bnchrcr Visit bnchrcr's homepage! Find More Posts by bnchrcr

Old 09-20-2005, 10:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39673
Send a message via ICQ to Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy is offline IP: 149.160.27.113

[ QUOTE ]
...would you believe I've never been to a strip club in my life?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my own parking space [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hoosier_Daddy Visit Hoosier_Daddy's homepage! Find More Posts by Hoosier_Daddy

Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

I think it's all in the approach. Approaching models can be difficult in any environment, but "entertainers" can be exceptionally jaded. The upside is, if you have a good shoot with one, the news travels quickly and can lead to others.

Back from my "entertainer" days
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude