Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Re: Praising the pole dancers
Old 09-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576
Comments: 0

rixafter6 is offline IP: 69.247.193.169

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

An "in" is all you need. Dancers are in a competitive business but will tell their friends about a money man or a good deal wjen they've found one. If you provided a good professional service to your first dancer then others should follow.

Having a "female" model by your side doesn't hurt either.

Rick D.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

its all in the approach
Old 09-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 66.109.230.128

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

you are speaking to the wrong person..the girls.Everything you said about girls and bouncers is correct. getting thrown out sucks.

speak to the manager or person in charge first. show them pictures, show them what you can do, make a deal with them and let THEM make the contact with the girls.

also, almost all of the girls are with talent agencies, contact the agencies and let them know you. Once the managers know you, its easy business.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Re: its all in the approach
Old 09-20-2005, 05:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 67.177.194.150

[ QUOTE ]
also, almost all of the girls are with talent agencies,

[/ QUOTE ]

Things must be way different in your neck of the woods. Here, you rarely find an entertainer who's with a talent agency. But I do agree that it's good to talk to the manager in advance and show him your book. In Colorado, if you're in a topless club, you can't have any nude photos present, so those would all have to be removed from the book in advance. It helps to know what the liquor laws are for your state.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Old 09-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.199.85

[ QUOTE ]
speak to the manager or person in charge first. show them pictures, show them what you can do, make a deal with them and let THEM make the contact with the girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

About 4 years ago I talked to the then manager of the Vu about shooting one of the dancers, he told me I would have to pay him 200.00 for him to set up the shoot and pay the dancer 200.00 an hour.

First lesson learned? Skip the manager and go directly to the talent.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 09-20-2005, 09:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 24.239.85.82

Seems to me that no matter how I come across it still boils down to
one of two things
1= the girls might get "in every strangers face"
BUT no way do they want chance being seen in public

2= if I dont come in and spend big bucks on them that night
NO way will they even discuss it
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Old 09-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.32.203.94

Well, way back before Al Gore invented the internet, nude dancers were a major part of my 'model inventory'. Four or five times per year I would make the rounds in one afternoon of several nudie bars. I was selective as to who I gave cards to and found about half ended up calling me and about half of those ended up posing. Not saying this is the only approach, but it worked for me. The key was to separate myself from the regular customers and showing strict profesionalism.

I would sit at the bar to discourage offers for table dances and never under any circumstances actually accept table dances. Sitting at the bar gave me bit of removal from the crowd. I saw it essentialy as being a free audition, well for the cost of a couple of beers. Whle at the bar I would carefully observe the dancers and when I spotted one who seemed to have potential as a model, usually while she was dancing, I would 'tip' her and ask her to talk with me when she had a chance. When she joined me, I would jokingly explain that I was the only guy there with 'pure motives' and let them know that I was a photogrpher, while handing her a high quality business card. I would explain what my project/concept was about and ask them to call me if interested. No sales spiel! I never even asked their name and certainly made no effort to 'chat them up'. I was business like and made it clear I was making a business proposal and not trying to get into their pants. Of those who might have some interest, the immediate screening question was would it be OK if I brought my boy friend/fiancee with me. My answer was always an immediate "Of course", without reservation. Then they would usually relax and often begin telling me about horney guys impersonating photographers who approached them, often saying I was the first who had no objection to their boy friend accompanying them. Throughout the conversation, I never asked anything personal about them, not even their names.

That I left further contct to them added a bit of legitimacy. That I asked nothing personal about them, not even if they were interested, added more legitimacy. I explained that I was there doing a cheap audition; that I was being honest with them added more legitimacy. That their boyfriend (or girlfriend) was welcome added even more. But maybe most important, that they had never seen me in the club before, that I was NOT a regular, may have added most of the legitimacy. Many do not trust guys who hand out in strip clubs! I made no effort to 'get to know them', I just made my pitch and thanked them for their time.

The attached was from one of those pitches and is of a dancer who brought another dancer with her.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Doug_Lester Visit Doug_Lester's homepage! Find More Posts by Doug_Lester

Old 09-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Ahhh, one of the things I suck at , reading people
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Old 09-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

I did do a shoot with one once and it was more of a
"for the boyfriend" type shoot

So she did not show anyone
and of course I could not use the pics [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2005, 10:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 67.177.194.150

As a former dancer, this is the best approach I have seen so far. Bravo.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Old 09-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Most of or at least half of the girls up here are "represented" by
someone.

By the way I have tried to go through them but I usually never get a reply to my Emails.
Telling them it is to improve MY book must put them off the idea.

I tried to talk to one of the girls I knew was represented by an "agency" , she would not even sit down to discuss it