Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
New Model Erin, 3 images
Old 09-14-2005, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.212.79

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

This is Erin, a model who I feel certainly proves there is much more than corn in Indiana.

I would appreciate any comments you might have.

I used the Gaussian blur to try and add DOF to this one and I think I achieved what I was going for.

Thanks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Re: New Model Erin, 3 images
Old 09-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 66.194.91.242

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

[ QUOTE ]
I feel certainly proves there is much more than corn in Indiana.

[/ QUOTE ]
Man you got THAT right...

Here are my observations...take em for what they are worth...not much...

#1 I like the lighting, just not real big on the pose. Those straight on shots very seldom do the subject justice and in this one makes her appear wider than I know she is. I also don't like the head position..

#2 Wrinkles in the neck...gotta watch for those. They are VERY noticeable in this image. Once again nice even lighting. Perhaps a shallower DOF to put more emphasis on the model.

#3 I think this is the angle best suited for these types of images, but I would like to see her right shoulder turned into the camera...leave her hips the way they are, just bring that shoulder arounf a bit. We lose the arm from just below the shoulder to the wrist and it looks odd.

She is a very pretty young lady and one to work with again and again if possible.

View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 09-14-2005, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 70.144.52.165

Ya did good on this find,I know they are out there. Mostly camera shy I think.
She's got that girl next door look! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to FrankParis Find More Posts by FrankParis

Old 09-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.212.77

[ QUOTE ]
Man you got THAT right...

#2 Wrinkles in the neck...gotta watch for those. They are VERY noticeable in this image. Once again nice even lighting. Perhaps a shallower DOF to put more emphasis on the model.

[/ QUOTE ]

What can be done to avoid the wrinkled neck syndrome? I've seen it on some of my other shots as well. Is there a specific way to get the over the shoulder shot without any neck wrinkles, I could probably clone them out, but I'd rather get the shot right in the first place. Any suggestions?

View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 09-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.233.56.203

I'll tell you what I do. First of all, I am always looking for them. With some models it's not much of a problem with others it can be a HUGE problem. If I have a model in a pose I want and see the wrinkles, I first try and verbally instruct her to move the head in the direction that will eliminate the wrinkles. If that doesn't work, I'll walk over and actually have her follow my hand with her eyes and head and when the wrinkles are gone, I'll re-look the whole shot to make sure we haven't overcompensated and cause probs elsewhere. If all of that fails, it's time to get out of the pose and adjust the closest hip more towards you which puts less strain on the neck as she gazes towards the camera.

It can be difficult...but there is no sense taking the shot, because it WILL get noticed. You also have to be careful while changing the pose to eliminate the wrinkle, the head does not end up in an awkward position...been there , done that....

Your model is pretty as a peach and I would DEFINITELY try and work with her again...

This image had some "wrikleage" issues...I actually had to have April (camera left) come out of the pose and square up a bit and that eliminated most of the problem...if memory serves me correct, I think I had to clean up some wrinkles in post on this image as well...

View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

And the fix....
Old 09-15-2005, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Okay here's my first attempt at "fixing" the neck wrinkles. I am not quite satisfied. Almost but not enough to give it to the model, or even show her for that matter. But I can show it here and ask for some suggestions as to how to fix it good.

And one more
Old 09-15-2005, 11:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Here's another from that shoot, anyone who's seen any of my shots knows I love the selective coloring process. whatcha think?

Re: And the fix....
Old 09-15-2005, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Ya did pretty good...I took the liberty and played with it as well. It was VERY difficult with the image that small, but I think it turned out OK...

(I'll delete it after you view it)

Re: And one more
Old 09-15-2005, 11:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

I like what you did here...WHY can't this young lady be in Houston... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: And one more
Old 09-15-2005, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

[ QUOTE ]
I like what you did here...WHY can't this young lady be in Houston... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Absolutely not. There is no way ANY photographer from Texas, Florida or California gets to complain about a hot model being in Indiana. Indiana is alotted exactly 5 hot chicks per capita. Texas gets 75000, Florida 150000, and California has 1.5 million. Sorry. Erin stays. Unless you want to fly her to Texas, I am hoping she'll set up a profile here soon, AND we are supposed to shoot again Saturday.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]