Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Something different
Old 09-13-2005, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 216.65.161.11

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

From a shoot with Lindsay today. We were plaing with a chain and I decided to try something different. I am very curious what you all think of this.

View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Re: Something different
Old 09-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 70.112.31.251

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I like the concept, perhaps because it is a fetish of David's. So i ask myself, minimal elements, minimal tones... so what differentiates the image? You have left area to the left and it makes my eye wander that way, is that what you want? What is the focus of the image, what is the most important area and did you take me there.

With respect my brother.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

Are you referring to the space in the lower left corner? I wanted the lock to be in the shot and I guess I didnt see that space in the lower left as an issue but as I said this was something very different for me. I thank you for the critique and it is received in the spirit that it was given and appreciated. I have some others and will see if I can improve those based on your suggestions. Thank you sir.

Scott
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 09-13-2005, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Crap, I may be old enough to be your Dad, and I do appreciate the respect, but I am getting sensitive to being perceived as the old and dying Mike,

I did not create the image you did. You are the artist. If you wanted me to get 'the chain and lock on a foot thing' okay, but it is not dramatic. At least not to me. If you were a beautiful woman with a damn fine foot (okay that's a stretch) would you be happy with a friggin' combo lock around your foot? I mean heck that's like enforcing what many women feel about us sorry ass males. The EMOTION is she does not like it, she does not want to be chained by anyone, she does not want anyone to think for a moment that they 'have her combo'. But, hey I'm just an old and feeble minded dude who thinks your progress in the last 18 months is just friggin' 'BUBBLY BUBBA!'.

emotion live with it daily or die a sad ass bastard (note: to censors please censor carefully to not minimize emotion)

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Here is a comment on this shot from another site that really shows what I was trying to say with this shot. I kinda think you are seeing it without even knowing it. Maybe I am wrong though....that has happened once or twice in my life.

"Ok, as a woman how can I not comment? Implied and otherwise the symbology speaks volumes. The use of scant high heels, the chains, and the lock! The stainless steel/silver set up and the harsh contrast with bare arms and bare feet. The lock.(combo implying there is someone who knows the combinations vs. a master lock opened with a key?) Her long arm reaching down to her feet vs. up to the heights of her goals. Yikes, waxing far too philosophical but what a great trip"

Re: Hey Andy
Old 09-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.107.219.88

weren't you the one talking about flyin' off the handle?

did I miss sumthin?

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 09-14-2005, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.107.219.88

Cool Concept, I think you should play with it for a while, see where it leads..

Sorta the same theme, here is one I shot on Labor Day...

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 09-14-2005, 12:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36994

DavidMoyle is offline IP: 69.234.1.105

This is just me..but I would like to see the drama it could take on if it was in B&W with some contrast.

But, you know my take on things.

View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidMoyle Visit DavidMoyle's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidMoyle

Old 09-14-2005, 12:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
marcogranto

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 209.247.222.85

This is another good shot Scott. I don't like her hand placement and think both hands should be shown in this type of shot. This is my opinion of what I think could make it stronger. Have the model lying down, possibly on a bed. Have both legs in the shot but have them staggered so one heeled foot is above the other. I'd have nylon stockings on the model for the sheen and then have her sliding one foot (with the chain) up the inside calf of the other leg. To me, your shot shows the model with the chain in her hands so I ask is she chaining herself up? Is she removing it? I'm not so sure it answers any questions or if it effectively tells a story.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Perhaps it took a woman to see it. She certainly pulled more from it than I did. You are correct, "I did not know it" and I guess I should stop commenting on things I do not know. Sorry.

Mike