Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Photography and addiction (multi image call for help)
Old 09-13-2005, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36994
Comments: 0

DavidMoyle is offline IP: 66.245.244.230

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm sitting here, realizing, this is an addiction for me. I have taken over 400 photographs in the last month with various models. I have a shoot this weekend, and another scheduled for next week ON TOP OF some product photography work I will be doing in the next 2 weeks.

That's all fine and well, but, no matter how many photos I process, of various types of work, I can't get enough. I mean really. I want to post more, but they are just variations of what I've already posted, so I find myself not feeling it's worth it to post them, so I MUST TAKE MORE.

Here's an idea of the various work I've posted in the last month.

Help me! Am I trying to be too diverse and not improving ANY of it? Am I normal? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidMoyle Visit DavidMoyle's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidMoyle

Re: Photography and addiction (multi image call for help)
Old 09-13-2005, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

If this is your addiction I certainly hope no stupid intervention group tries to stop you and make you live at thier camp and shave your scrotum,and worship none photographic god!!!

Old 09-13-2005, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37265

DarkLeather is offline IP: 70.116.0.106

The first step is to admit you have a problem. The second step, obviously, is to realize that you've mis-identified the problem; you're just not shooting enough!
The last image is above and beyond; brilliant execution and masterful color production.
--Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DarkLeather Visit DarkLeather's homepage! Find More Posts by DarkLeather

Old 09-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

You're always so complimentary sir, and I appreciate that. But seriously...am I tryin to do too much at once? Should I stick to something solid for a while? We all tout "exploring other things", but really?!?!

Am I becoming too "A.D.D." (not belittling that affliction...just the easiest way to get my point across)?

Sorry...I feel..."anxious" today [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidMoyle Visit DavidMoyle's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidMoyle

Old 09-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

[ QUOTE ]
you've mis-identified the problem; you're just not shooting enough

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like a drug man....I feel like I have a belt around my arm, but the needle is empty>

And, I appreciate the responses I've gotten regarding that image! BUT...I'm wondering lately...am I producing too many mediocre images in between by mass shooting and just not focusing on one thing enough for a little while. I mean, can we play too much?

Old 09-13-2005, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35323
Send a message via Yahoo to seekerofbeauty

seekerofbeauty is offline IP: 67.9.20.61

Only 400? I'll tell you what PAR tells the coke heads, "When you reach a 1000 a day, call me."

Seriously, this is an addiction that we should all be able to take advantage of. It's when you get to a dry spell and have no one to photograph, the squirrels are in hiding, the flowers aren't blooming and the butterflies are in their cocoons, the kids are all home, the grass is brown, there's no clouds in the sky, they've turned off the fountains for cleaning and you're reduced to taking pictures of asphalt (without the lines) ... THEN complain! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

OK! REALLY seriously! You feel compelled to shoot. <U>YOU</U> may feel that you're in a rut. <U>WE</U> think you're doing fine. Maybe "fine's" not enough!

Maybe it's time to put the camera down for a few hours/days/etc., take a walk in a park, along a beach, around downtown at lunchtime, to breath deeply, to take in everyday life, to reattach yourself to the world around you, to (as one of our members tag line says), "see what your photographing".

I, for one, really like the work you've been posting. But if you feel you're getting stale, then it's time to take a break, step back and examine what you're recording and it's impact on you.

This is all just my feeling, of course, but it's sincere. You gotta do whatcha gotta do.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to seekerofbeauty Find More Posts by seekerofbeauty

Okay, that\'s what I was talking about
Old 09-13-2005, 05:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 70.112.31.251

David

Legs, shoes, sepia yadadada. You are sensing what I sense. I need personally to see more of what you posted here. I know if I want to see leg shots or sepia etc. then I'll check with David. You and I both need to show that we shoot other styles. JMHO, and that plus $2.79 will get you a gallon of regular in Austin.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 09-13-2005, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 66.121.188.233

Really, I thought you were doing it for the number one post count...

actually I know what you mean, I shoot nearly every weekend and if I miss a weekend I feel ...unfufilled...

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 09-13-2005, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

[ QUOTE ]
t's when you get to a dry spell and have no one to photograph, the squirrels are in hiding, the flowers aren't blooming and the butterflies are in their cocoons, the kids are all home, the grass is brown, there's no clouds in the sky, they've turned off the fountains for cleaning and you're reduced to taking pictures of asphalt (without the lines) ... THEN complain!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! You have a point!

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's time to put the camera down for a few hours/days/etc., take a walk in a park, along a beach, around downtown at lunchtime, to breath deeply, to take in everyday life, to reattach yourself to the world around you, to (as one of our members tag line says), "see what your photographing".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm one of those "A-Types", when I'm in the heat of it, I don't really stress, but I long for a moment to sit and "do nothing". When that moment arises...I feel guilty...and get bored. All my life Ive struggled with balance. You're right though, this may be what I need, even if for just a couple hours.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35323
Send a message via Yahoo to seekerofbeauty

seekerofbeauty is offline IP: 67.9.20.61

[ QUOTE ]
All my life Ive struggled with balance. You're right though, this may be what I need, even if for just a couple hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever it takes, my friend ... whatever it takes! As the NIKE ads say, "Just DO it!", ... or is that Rebock, I can never remember. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to seekerofbeauty Find More Posts by seekerofbeauty