Garage Glamour™http://www.garageglamour.com/forums/

Garage Glamour™ (http://www.garageglamour.com/forums/)
-   Main Community Forum (http://www.garageglamour.com/forums/main-community-forum/)
-   -   just a question bout the moderating. (http://www.garageglamour.com/forums/main-community-forum/22026-just-question-bout-moderating.html)

bchan3rdi 09-12-2005 02:53 PM

just a question bout the moderating.

I do find this site pretty informative (I think a year ago it was stronger but.,. its still informative) As a reader I noticed last week that JPs comment he had made to another (though his comment was in jest) was removed within a two hour time frame. Record time, possibly? I dunno,... I do know the reason for the removal; it was discussed in great length. Now I read the crankfest between two other well known photographers on this forum. My observations (I do not know these individuals) but I see they are both very passionate and have their differences. I do not see their personal attacks at this or any level being anyway beneficial to the new/old GG reader. I believe one is about to lose his mind, that’s my opinion, its just what I read. These two photographers are virtually fist fighting and its gone way beyond,. a civil "meet you after shool in the courtyard duke it out like gents and be done with it" Now it’s beyond ridiculous. I know there are allot of threads to moderate..but this one has been in the top ten for about a week is my guess. It has not been passed by from the moderators, I can't image that. So I guess my question is, how the moderating work here is. It just comes across as a little tilted.

**Now I do understand that I can choose NOT to read these threads but here’s my thing, they are as addictive as a BAD reality TV show,. my gf watches them,..next thing I know im bitchin at the TV with her.

***I'm not trying to pi$$ off the moderators. I’m just a curious reader with a question.

****Any gramatical errors are just from slopping this through quickly,.sorry bout that

Brian

jimmyd 09-12-2005 03:29 PM

the JP alarm system

they have special software installed that sounds alarms anytime JP posts anything.

bchan3rdi 09-12-2005 03:33 PM

Re: the JP alarm system

[ QUOTE ]
they have special software installed that sounds alarms anytime JP posts anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

GG_Staff 09-12-2005 03:48 PM

Re: just a question bout the moderating.

I agree with you entirely! There isn't a simple answer but I can tell you that I had just e-mailed those in question that it is to stop NOW. I had already deleted a bunch of posts on 1 thread and it just started up in another thread. Since I don't want to keep doing this over and over it will have to stop one way or another. They have been told it has to stop now.

dynamike 09-12-2005 04:19 PM

As one of the two involved in the crankfest, I have to hang my head in shame. I'm sorry. GG is a better place than this and I'm sorry that I've interrupted what should be a great place for all of us to learn and teach with my lack of tolerance for certain things.

This is my last post on this subject.

rjwarren 09-12-2005 04:35 PM

Brian

Some folks have a glorious vision of how moderating at GG works. As Rolando has said a few hundred times - it's not an exact science. All the moderators cruise the board at various times during the day and in various time zones. When we see something that's not "good" we delete or amend it and typically send the person deleted a note and copy the other admins to let them know what goes on. If it keeps up, the offender gets banned.

We also do lots of other things - like fixing posts and helping with profile issues, and other stuff.

However, it's an all-volunteer force. If I'm gone for the weekend, and Rolando is teaching a workshop, etc etc - pretty soon no one may be moderating anything. That's why we have the rule that administrative comments and questions should be e-mailed, not posted. We may not see them in a timely manner, and the post might rotate off the front of the board.

Bob

Doug_Lester 09-12-2005 06:00 PM

No answer for you ...

That's a mystery to many of us!