Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Swimwear, comments welcome
Old 09-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39949
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to LunarMuun

LunarMuun is offline IP: 24.151.223.148

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hello all. Model is Amanda, from Atlanta. Comments and constructive critisism is welcome.

...yes, I know shes not looking at the cam. I wasn't going for a glam look. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to LunarMuun Visit LunarMuun's homepage! Find More Posts by LunarMuun

Re: Swimwear, comments welcome
Old 09-11-2005, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.162.234.190

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well the pose is sort of awkward and the expression on her face doesn't match the tone of the picture. There is a tree growing out of the back of her head. The whole photo is tilted for no particular reason (in my view). There is lots of clutter in the photo so that one doesn't really know what to look at or where.

Its a nice looking swimsuit, however.

Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 09-11-2005, 03:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35977

Andy_Pearlman is offline IP: 72.25.71.25

Since I'm here lurking around and I've shot a few swimsuit shots, I'll make a couple comments - remember you asked. First, her limbs. Her right hand is laying next to her body, making her waist look wider than it is, and being distracting because of the way it appears and disappears behind her thigh. I would actually have tried to lose it completely behind her body. Her left hand is huge, and sticking straight into the camera and looks funny against her arm - too vertical and it looks like pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey hand. The way her left leg just sort of narrows and dips down behind the bottom log bothers me, especially since it happens at the joint. Next, I also think she looks uncomfortable, her chin should be down a bit even if she isn't going to smile. She also looks pale, and cold, because she's in a dark wet environment, with that pale skin. Finally, I have to say, she doesn't look like she belongs in a bikini, especially through the hips/tummy. I think if she were standing, gravity would help you with her figure, but laying out like this, a model needs to have an extremely toned body so her butt doesn't go flat, she gets a nice arch, and her thighs don't look a little droopy. This is also a very unforgiving as far as the straight-on hips look goes. You need a really trim model to pull that off. I think there is potential here, but you have to learn to watch all these details in directing to your models.

I looked at what I had handy to show you that was similar, and this shot of Lisa Gleave popped up. We avoided the right arm problem by putting her arm up on her head, but could also have put it behind her thigh, leaving an opening between the arm and the torso, or her back, and you'd never miss it. The thing is not to have it run so close to her stomach, which would make the torso look wider than it is. Also notice how firm her butt is on the rock, and the tone of her legs, and how clean they exit the frame.

Regards,
Andy Pearlman
Andy Pearlman Studio
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Andy_Pearlman Visit Andy_Pearlman's homepage! Find More Posts by Andy_Pearlman

Old 09-11-2005, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Ditto on what Andy said. Especially the left hand.

View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

The Only Thing That I Could Add...
Old 09-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35327

AMaginations is offline IP: 172.174.183.151

... that Mr. P did not already state since he beat me to the punch is I would have suggested that she tippy toe her right foot so as to add definition to her calf-area, which add curves to her legs and thus adds a visual pleasure to the model's legs, rather than looking "flat footed".

Here's a sample of what I mean. Look at Carin's toes that lead to her calves being flexed. Adds curvature to her legs and lengthens them as well.

I'm sure you have more from this set/shoot that maybe you answered your critics this round!

View Public Profile Send a private message to AMaginations Visit AMaginations's homepage! Find More Posts by AMaginations

Old 09-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Hey Fredrick, thanks for the comments. The tilt was to flow the frame in parallel to the length of her body. And, yeah, the tree...I thought I moved enough to get the tree far enough from the top of her head, but apparently it still interfers too much. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Glad you approved of the suit... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Adam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LunarMuun Visit LunarMuun's homepage! Find More Posts by LunarMuun

Old 09-11-2005, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Hey Andy, thanks for the comments dude! I'll try to burn them in my brain [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
That arm, yeah, its as good as gone! The pinned hand...noted. I thought she had a nice torso...oh well! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I, indeed, tried to angle her away a bit...I thought it was enough. Though, the more I look at her thigh, the more I see a problemo. Also, on the "pale and cold" bit...I tinkered with the Levels, and it produced what you see. I'll try post the "regular" level version, as it is much warmer (shes pretty tanned). I thought it created a better look, but perhaps it was counter-productive.

I've got more from this set that i'm now curious about. Hopefully you'll see'em Monday eve and pop-in a comment.

(yeah, I shot a much thinner model at the same time...only prob with her is shes pale! ARGH! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Thanks again,
Adam

Old 09-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

10-4, thanks.

Re: The Only Thing That I Could Add...
Old 09-11-2005, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Hey Andy M., thanks for the foot-note(yeah, pun intended [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])! That would have done wonders for the photo! Would of been sooo simple to direct, too! ARGH!! I'll get it next time!

-Adam