Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Offended and outraged
Old 09-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35236
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to eselby Send a message via Yahoo to eselby

eselby is offline IP: 68.19.86.135

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I can't even begin to express my opinion of Tim's images!

I mean -- c'mon folks - REALLY??!??? Did you see what I saw? Two attractive models in a well lit, well produced (costumes, set, make up), well photographed image???

Look, I feel partially responsible for Tim. A few summers ago I watched him wield a 35mm camera with models for the first time. Ever since then he has shown me - over and over and over and over again - how vision and creativity are as, even more, important as what camera we shoot with.

I am indeed offended and outraged - offended and outraged that in the same time span as Tim, I haven't even come CLOSE to the level of quality Tim exhibits time and again. The worst of it is -- and this part REALLY sux -- Tim and I are the same age, but he looks, acts, and hangs with people half his age!

yeah - sorry, Dolph -- you just don't fit in.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Welcome to GG, my friend - shake 'em up!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eselby Visit eselby's homepage! Find More Posts by eselby

Re: I am NOT nor have I ever been associated with the NAZI party...
Old 09-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member GG#: 39116
Send a message via Yahoo to AprilJ

AprilJ is offline IP: 68.186.146.183

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

"Sorry I had to have a fight in the middle of your Black Panther Party".....oh wrong subject... Anyway, dude you ROCK!!!! And I'm with Ginger, Who gives a F*@^#. That's about all I have to say about that.

Give me a call for real sometime. I think you have some images I might be interested in....

AJ
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AprilJ Find More Posts by AprilJ

I\'m the ****head who complained
Old 09-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.179

I still think your work is wonderful. You are an extremely talented man. You remind me of David LaChapelle.

I have no problem saying I'm the one who posted a note that I think that anything involving nazi material is offensive.

And yes, I'm Jewish and proud of it. 6 million people died at the hands of those nazis and I don't find anything funny or artistic or interesting about them.

I am an ardent supporter of first amendment rights, and I didn't ask that your post get taken down.

Rather, I would like to think that you would be enlighted enough to realize how tragic the entire holocaust was for the world, and decide on your own that its a subject not to be touched or made light of.

Just because I support your constitutional rights to shoot anything you want, doesn't mean that you need to exercise those rights. To me, maturity is knowing when to hold 'em close to the vest and when to lay em out. Just because you have the right to drink booze doesn't mean you get loaded every night. The law says you can get drunk, your mature mind says its not a good idea. Please don't stand behind what others before you have said or done. Stick up for what you know is right, not what others have done. So what if others were assholes, just because they were published or famous doesn't make them right.

To the rest of you who are so wild over the images, shame on you.

The world allowed 6 million people to be killed because of attitudes like yours.

It's not Ok to condone killing of other people, and remember that the nazis also hated african americans, catholics, and just about anyone who wasn't white aryan. You probably would be on their list just because of your job/hobby of shooting glamour images. If you were in a concentration camp, you probably wouldn't be so enthusiastic about images portraying your captors in a funny situation.

Tim, you are an amazing talent. You just don't need to shoot everything just because the government says you can. I don't see too many people making light of Al Quedda or Hurricane Katrina survivors. To millions of people, your images are just as tasteless as these recent events.

Sorry for being such a ****. Its time for some of you to read, and re-read, your history books and realize how the world thought Hitler was a cool guy and turned the blind eye while millions died.

View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Re: I am NOT nor have I ever been associated with the NAZI party...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
GG_Staff

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 67.82.238.27

Tim I'm responding to you here although I have already sent you a couple of e-mails on the subject. This is really to just answer the simple question of "why".

Before I begin, at no point do I or assume you were in the Nazi party. I deleted the photo out of what I felt was a photo that was offensive STRICTLY because of the Nazi items. You don't have a reputation on the board and as you pointed out, this was only your 2nd post. We get people all the time posting all kinds of photos that shouldn't be posted. The photo is indeed a quality photo and if they would have had US uniforms, japanese uniforms or soviet uniforms I wouldn't have had a problem with it (naturally). Some (as I) don't look at the Nazi party as easy as others. Deleting the photo doesn't make that era go away in the least. However, many members on GG are Jewish and photos like that do raise emotions about a horrible time in history. A photo like that, ESPECIALLY out of context since your other photos in the series was not posted or a detailed explanation like you did this time was there all that I had to go by was a new guy looking to "stir the pot". Without the other photos to tell the story, I still would delete that photo if it was alone. I HAVE to look out for EVERYONE and not just a few. MANY times we have people complain via private messaging because they don't want to do it in public, as was the case here. There was only 1 response by the time I deleted it and that sole post was not in favor of the photo but did see it as a strong photo - the same as myself.

As I mentioned in e-mail, art isn't good unless it elicites emotion and feelings. That photo certainly did that.

What EVERYONE seems to forget is this is still business in the end. We try to make it as fair as possible to as many as possible. But in the end its still a business. When we go out to try and get sponsors, we need to make sure that they won't be offended by ANY of our contest as much as we can help it.

I hope that clarifies it a bit as to why I felt I had to delete the thread.

Re: I\'m the ****head who complained
Old 09-08-2005, 10:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

[ QUOTE ]
Its time for some of you to read, and re-read, your history books and realize how the world thought Hitler was a cool guy and turned the blind eye while millions died.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know what books you've read and, altho many blind eyes was turned, those eyes weren't turned blind to what was going on regarding Hitler's "final solution" because people thought hitler was a "cool guy" and, more specifically, because "the world" thought hitler was a "cool guy."

frankly, that's an ignorant statement that insults those (in addition to those 6 million jews plus about another 6 million russians and gypsies and others) who gave their lives or their limbs or whatever opposing and fighting against hitler's hordes and hitler's horrors. my father was at D-Day, he fought at The Bulge, and he personally was a member of an advanced force who were the FIRST to walk into one of the deathcamps. and i can assure you, by his very words, he and his fellow G.I.s did not have some "blind eye" syndrome and they had NO FCKING IDEA of the horrors they were about to see. In fact, as he told me, the medics--at first--had their hands full treating american G.I.s who were in shock and so repulsed and physically sickened by what they saw.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

So... Do These Recent Images (of mine) Also Glorify Nazis?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

I don't think so. But, after all, the costume is certainly Nazi SS inspired.

View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

It wouldn\'t be GG if there wasn\'t some drama.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Art
Film Dinosaur

Member GG#: 35716

Art is offline IP: 69.177.64.186

I looked at your site. Keep going. Your images convey sarcasm, feeling, irony, humour, hate, love, lust, love, beauty, fear, etc... Your pictures are actually intelligent and expressive. What a concept! Imagine if photography only conveyed the same old titilating images of nude women spreading their legs. Boring.

I didn't see the image that was deleted, but I suspect there was an over-reaction again.

Art.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Art Visit Art's homepage! Find More Posts by Art

Re: So... Do These Recent Images (of mine) Also Glorify Nazis?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37599

JeffN is offline IP: 209.53.212.22

What costume? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As Wayne and Garth would say "Schwing Heil"

View Public Profile Send a private message to JeffN Visit JeffN's homepage! Find More Posts by JeffN

Old 09-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Evangelical Ne'er-do-well

Member GG#: 42306
Send a message via Yahoo to ChipBulgin

ChipBulgin is offline IP: 68.49.128.240

Jimmy, these seem inspired more by "The Wild Bunch" with Marlon Brando than by Nazi dress. When I see these images, I think motorcycles, not german military. 'Course she's just a wee bit cuter than Brando

-Chip
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ChipBulgin Find More Posts by ChipBulgin

Old 09-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.117.8

I'm thinking Chip meant "The Wild One" with Brando, as opposed to "The Wild Bunch" with Robert Ryan, Ernie Borgnine and William Holden. At any rate, I don't see any spurs going jingle-jangle-jingle so thinking he was going more for cycle leather than a western. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Personally I see it more as Deitrich in "The Blue Angel," but still far from any goose-stepping imagery.

Nice images, Jimmy.

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix