Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour > Garage Glamour Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Aren\'t we asking the obvious?
Old 09-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 69.153.7.182

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary -- Cau·ca·sian
Pronunciation: ko-'kA-zh&n, kä- also -'ka-zh&n
Function: adjective
1 : of or relating to the Caucasus or its inhabitants
2 : of, constituting, or characteristic of a race of humankind native to Europe, North Africa, and southwest Asia and classified according to physical features -- used especially in referring to persons of European descent having usually light skin pigmentation

Also;
Main Entry: Cau·ca·sia
Pronunciation: ko-'kA-zh&, -sh&
Variant(s): or Cau·ca·sus /'ko-k&-s&s/
Usage: geographical name
region SE Europe between the Black & Caspian seas; divided by Caucasus Mountains into Cis.cau.ca.sia

That pretty geographically wide-ranging to me! Interpretation could amount to any number of viewpoints. Doesn't sound anywhere near where my ancestors are from, either!

This I ask; Why is Ethnicity even an issue anymore? Not trying to be PC, but aren't we standing on old habits when asking that question? Does it make much of a difference anymore? I suppose if one has a predisposition to a particular look in a model, then that could drive the search results, but our eyes tell us the story too.

All I'm saying is we're all Connoisseurs of fine looking glamour models and no one is asking the Ethnicity of the photographers who are taking the photos.

Just some thoughts...

CHET D.

Re: Aren\'t we asking the obvious?
Old 09-05-2005, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

to have a racial or ethnic preference, on a personal level, to what stirs your libido is not racism. some guys prefer blondes over brunettes and vica versa. and there's those who prefer skinny over meaty, meaty over skinny, tall vs. short, short vs. tall. some guys like asians over caucasians. some prefer afro over hispanic. hispanic over caucasians aftro over asians and so on. generally, it seems, guys seem to respond (from a POV of attraction) to their own race or ehtnicity. the vast majority of photographers on this site are male caucasians. i don't think it's racist--if that's what you're implying--for the majority, then, to prefer caucasian models.

or maybe i'm not getting what (you're saying) was asked or who asked it that's obvious?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 09-05-2005, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

Basically, Jimmy, my quandry is the the word, Caucasian. Who picked that and when did it happen? It just doesn't seem to be that all encompassing for light-skinned people. For instance, Italian (my ethnicity) is not considered "white" in some areas. Based on the definition I pulled up, I can see that it's not a description encompasses that concept either.

Personally, I've been enjoying ALL the models you guys have been photographing fairly generically. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. I find them pretty much all attractive!

CHET

Old 09-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Causcasian=Hienz 57! MUTTZ!
in a nut shell...

Old 09-05-2005, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

That is a hilarious response ... LMAO.

CHET

Old 09-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

[ QUOTE ]
That is a hilarious response ... LMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do what I can....with this tiny mind of mine....
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The census bureau. . .
Old 09-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35436
Comments: 0

cclesue is offline IP: 67.177.23.11

needs to recognise the term Muttz as a legal definition. I'm also betting about half on this board can lay claim to it. I do and with pride!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cclesue Visit cclesue's homepage! Find More Posts by cclesue

Old 09-05-2005, 04:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dax
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35270
Comments: 0

Dax is offline IP: 65.3.234.4

In my point of view, it has to do with an idea I have in my head.. Sometimes a certain look would work. In others it would not work. So I need to make a choice based in looks.

Thing is, Im spoiled, Im latino and have always been latino ( lol ) and in Latin America we have it all, there are people with every shade, so I have always seen my people as all colors. The problem and big issues I saw them when I moved to this country.

Example, in this particular shot, a "caucasian" with non afro hair, would not have worked. The reason why I chose this particular model.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Dax Visit Dax's homepage! Find More Posts by Dax

Old 09-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.248.21

i'm of italian ancestory as well (at least, for the most part) and yeah, i'm keenly aware that there are some who do not consider italians "white." and, personally, i don't give a rat's ass cuz anyone with any smarts at all knows italians are superior to most others on this planet, and that they once were the most powerful nation on earth and i guess this accounts for why there are so many guinea-wannabees around. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 09-05-2005, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

And with that, we stop on this subject! I'll post something else under a different subject line that I've been scratching my brain over...