Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Misty!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.212.76.190

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

New pictures
I used an orange filter on the flash, I may have ruined the first 50 images of this set by doing that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to FrankParis Find More Posts by FrankParis

Re: Misty!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 70.112.31.251

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

You should have avoided the orange filter because none of these are close to natural. We all need to experiment, I'm not sure we all need to take up the time of others to view experiments unless there is positive learning involved.

You have helped many learn to avoid certain things.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 09-03-2005, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure we all need to take up the time of others to view experiments unless there is positive learning involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im positive I wouldnt be doing that again.....
sorry but the orange in the eyes ruins it..the last image almost has a by the campfire look to it.....
sorry..but I dont think it worked,,,but Ive experiment and fell on my face several times,,and was told about it...so I guess it was positive for me!
JMO
Don.

Old 09-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 70.112.31.251

where we differ and I will move on. Keep shooting and keep improving.

Mike [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 09-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

[ QUOTE ]
where we differ and I will move on. Keep shooting and keep improving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember it was you who said only I can put out my torch.....my torch is a giant flame thanks to guys like you Mike...No Matter our differences in opinion you should always know I have the utmost respect and adirmation for you!!!
I guess to rephrase Forest Gump "different is as different does" and if we were'nt all different what a boring world!!
Keep pluggin away and best of luck and life in Tennessee!!!
Don.

Old 09-03-2005, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.212.76.190

You are always sharply critical of my work, you have told my models to find a new photographer. You NEVER have offered me in the least any information I can use. I've looked at your portfolio, it's all studio work where you can safely control every aspect of your shooting. I am the exact type of photographer this site was designed for. I don't have a studio, I don't have the great equipment it takes. I work with a tiny budget and I draw from experienced Glamour photographers that are willing to help. There are many that has helped me. I am very grateful for them sharing their experience. I have gained a lot of knowledge from more than 10 GG photographers and models, but there are 3 that does nothing but put me down as well as the girls that I photograph.

So please, please don't waist your time looking at anything I post.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to FrankParis Find More Posts by FrankParis

Old 09-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36639
Comments: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to BarryTreleaven

BarryTreleaven is offline IP: 202.6.138.42

To lighten up this as it should ? be maybee, a photographry friend who was involved in the club I was in took a pleasent couple of shots and used a filter mistakenly posted them up in a comp got a top mark with the judge commenting on the unusual colour he confided to me that he was colour blind
and did not even see the filtering.
If we all were totaly honest we all stuff up from time to time just being game to show them,not being a PS guru would the shots be able to be colour coverted, I like the moon and the starkness of the dead tree behind the model.
regards
Barry Treleaven [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BarryTreleaven Visit BarryTreleaven's homepage! Find More Posts by BarryTreleaven

Old 09-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39369
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to SnJPhotography Send a message via Yahoo to SnJPhotography

SnJPhotography is offline IP: 68.228.78.77

Barry's comment brings up an alternative. Why not try a few of these in B&W conversion? As for the bickering, don't let others get you down. The world is full of critics. Keep posting, keep learning and shooting.

Scott
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SnJPhotography Find More Posts by SnJPhotography

try this
Old 09-03-2005, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35977

Andy_Pearlman is offline IP: 66.245.210.3

Here's the thing, "orange" is too much for the effect you're after. All you want to do is warm up the flash to not be so obviously colder than the daylight, especially as the color of the sun gets warmer closer to sunset. Earlier in the day, I would use a light straw (yellow) gel, but as we get within an hour of sunset, I go to a "Bastard Amber", which is pinkish yellow theatrical gel. This one from Rosco, but they're all pretty standard. Here's a shot of Christy Hemme, close to the cloudy lighting you had, with a sample of the actual gel color:

Regards,
Andy Pearlman
Andy Pearlman Studio
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Andy_Pearlman Visit Andy_Pearlman's homepage! Find More Posts by Andy_Pearlman

Old 09-03-2005, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37789

Allen_P is offline IP: 68.1.70.45

[ QUOTE ]
I used an orange filter on the flash, I may have ruined the first 50 images of this set by doing that

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way to learn is to experiment. The more ya do it, the better ya get.

I don't use a flash on the beach, I just use the sun...but, I would take Mr. Pearlman's advice on the gels...it seems to work quite well for him.

Remember, when you're shooting outside you're dealing with many more variables than inside (or studio) work. It requires lots of experimenting and practice.

Keep shooting!

Best,

Allen

The model is Sarah Bowers....shot outside using only direct sunlight...

View Public Profile Send a private message to Allen_P Find More Posts by Allen_P