Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Two More of Ashley (SN)
Old 08-27-2005, 03:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39218
Comments: 0

danzfotog is offline IP: 199.174.240.191

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Another couple in that seduction series...

More critique invited. Thanks for the comments on the first two.

v. paul
  View Public Profile Visit danzfotog's homepage! Find More Posts by danzfotog

Re: Two More of Ashley (SN)
Old 08-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
King of Useless Facts

Member GG#: 35691
Send a message via AIM to StMarc

StMarc is offline IP: 169.207.244.175

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I like that first one. I'd have moved that lamp in the foreground if it were possible, or else tried to find an angle where it wasn't so prominent.

The second one suffers from one of the photographer's great curses: a bent limb projected face-on, relatively close up. Usually it's an arm bent at the elbow, but this is one of the lesser-known variants. The pose looks sexy as hell in the flesh but in a two-dimensional image it just looks weird. You get perspective distortion and so forth. I've made it work exactly *one* time. Every other time I've just looked at it and said, "What was I thinking?"

This one's not that bad, but you should still try to avoid doing that, in my opinion. The lighting is good generally but there's a shadow I don't like from the upright leg.

M
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StMarc Visit StMarc's homepage! Find More Posts by StMarc

Old 08-27-2005, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Bro Image #1 - nice. #2 - not so nice. The shadow coming from her left leg scross her chest and the horizontal shadow coming from the couch it looks like makes a light box on right breast. Not pretty. Go try again. You're getting there.

Mike

View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Old 08-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
kelly

Member GG#: 35526

kellyg is offline IP: 67.0.87.163

1st image: The lamp in the front MUST go. I see the lamps in the background and this one is completely different and is out of place. My eye goes right to the lamp and it should go right to her. Where's all the people? I see a girl sitting in a restaurant all alone, .... a possibility is to make the background out of focus so its not so obvious that you shot while the place was closed? Then focus on her. without the lamp of course. On a brighter side....nice model, nice pose, and lighting seems to work.

2nd image ...*heavy sigh* Maybe its just me, maybe cause I'm a girl, maybe I just don't 'get it', but I'm not a fan of 'crotch shots' I hate to be so blunt, but my eye goes right to her crotch. Had her legs been together, or down, or shot at a different angle you may also have also avoided the shadows on her breasts. Along with that, it may have been a little more flattering to her legs. This image is too "IN your Face" for me. Had her legs been posed differently I think it would have served better for a sensual look and mood ..instead of "come get it, its all yours"

Just my opinion, for whatever its worth.

kellyg
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kellyg Visit kellyg's homepage! Find More Posts by kellyg

Old 08-27-2005, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

[ QUOTE ]
maybe I just don't 'get it', but I'm not a fan of 'crotch shots' I hate to be so blunt, but my eye goes right to her crotch.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not just you....its not really about the crotch here...but more about how its unflattering to her legs....which really seem nice in the first image...but this pose makes them seem larger because of the foreshortening which leaves you looking at the crotch....I've see it work,but in this case it doesnt...
JMO.
Don.

Old 08-29-2005, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39218

danzfotog is offline IP: 199.174.242.123

Thanks for the comments.

Regarding #1 and that lamp in the foreground, call me crazy, but I actually put it there purposely, to hide the legs of the chair Ashley was sitting on. I kind of liked the idea of the lamps surrounding her. It was a conscious decision to make her look alone in that club-like space. I could have lit it or shot with a more blurred background so that her lonliness would be less apparent, but that wasn't the point. I was hoping to display a beautiful woman, dressed with somewhere to go, but no one to go with.

Regarding #2, I'll have to admit that I'm a big fan of the crotch shot. I don't rule out crotches as possible foci just because they're in-your-face, so to speak. If there was one thing I would advocate, it's the idea that a crotch can be just as beautiful, alluring, lusty, etc. as an exposed breast, or derriere, or ankle, or ear lobe, etc. Maybe I didn't get to where I wanted to go with THIS crotch shot. The jury is still out on that one. Regarding the shadows, yeah, that was something I saw as I was shooting but didn't change because I was afraid of losing momentum. I'll try to photoshop that mistake out. Regarding the bent knee, yeah, I also see that as a possible mistake, fatal mistake -- no, but possible mistake. I don't mind the bend limbs aimed at the camera as much as someone else. But I do see the potential for perspective problems.

Okay, that's it for now. Great community. Thanks for the comments. Good or bad, I take your critiques to heart and stew over them until I decide whether I agree or no.

View Public Profile Visit danzfotog's homepage! Find More Posts by danzfotog