Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
It\'s been a very odd summer...
Old 08-23-2005, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35455
Comments: 0

RobertRSanders is offline IP: 67.115.10.87

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

not by choice but by order of circumstances. I feel mostly - lately - there isn't enough time to put new water in the ice cube trays so why bother. I drink - more often than not - water out of little bottles so who needs ice cubes and I don't stop to smell the roses because frankly, I couldn't give a rat's a$$ whether roses are in bloom or not... Why? Because most of my time is spent on my craft, trying to make the next image better than the last shot.

This shot is a good example, I originally shot the concept in February but didn't like the feeling I got from the model. She was good, a good but part time model, just not the right model for this project. So I waited and waited, searched and looked, and finally met the perfect pair of eyes, Anyssa from San Francisco. She is an unbelievable talent to work with, a woman of many ideas and a garage of ambition - in a shoot she makes things happen.

This image will be used in an upcoming national ad in two publications.

But why stop there, when you have one idea, you usually find another lurking just beyond the initial vision. I love it when the epiphany happens and the magic produces the next shot. I saw a tremendous energy of both submission and dominance coming from the same personality, that element in all of us where we have all power or are powerless... sometimes both commanding the ability to control. Again Anyssa gave me everything I wanted and all I had to do was pay attention to the details, what a wonderful experience when the model is on point and knows exactly what to deliver.

The makeup artist for these shots was my good friend and a great creative, Valerie Fowler here in San Diego. BTW, our own Ray Savage from GG here was my assistant on these shots, what a great help and support.

I try to find hidden elements in my approach and see something to motivate the story or the concept, strengthening the truth or spine of the message. In this case I was going for the element of Hypocrisy where we hide behind the wrong mask, the mask of who we don't want to be while desiring to be the outrageous individual we were like as a child. Dressing and playing, sexy or not, fantasy beyond our wildest moments, all to realize we just want to enjoy life and have fun... a conservative society has a way of preventing us from our own manifested magic. This was the signature shot for the SkinTwo spread which was published internationally this summer.

Model: Amanda Jilesse
Styling & makeup by Valentina, London; Corset by Ynhared of Xcentricities www.corset.net; Latex Kimono by Syren, Los Angeles; Shoes by Pleaser USA, Orange County CA; Assisted by Dennis Keim; Hair by Ruby Devine, San Diego.

And finally I shot on location just last week and did some stuff on the drop, taking a chance and shooting from the hip. I love this ring flash and the portable power of the Porty, it is seriously wonderful light. But what was fun form me, above all else, was the ease of working with the consummate pro Kori, and like Anyssa, like Amanda, she knew exactly what I was out to achieve and gave me all their power to make it happen. The sequence of the shots here in the car were a few seconds apart, there were only maybe eight shots, of which four are keepers, everything was in place. God I love working with people who love working with me and KNOW HOW TO WORK.

There is so much great communication and magic in a truly professional and committed model.

This is Kori Belle from Portland.

This was poorly written because I am very tired and it is late, I apologize, but I wanted to put a good word or two out to the people who prop me up and make creative things happen, they deserve a ton of recognition. It is always such a pleasure, my pleasure, and I am sure I don't remind them enough.

Robert
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobertRSanders Visit RobertRSanders's homepage! Find More Posts by RobertRSanders

Re: It\'s been a very odd summer...
Old 08-23-2005, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.107.222.44

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

WoW, all the shots are great, love the first one, it almost doesn't even look like a photo...

great update on your work...

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 08-23-2005, 05:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 69.153.7.182

Something NEW has been seen! These I like very, very much... Very creative. Weird can be good, but it's a good weird.

CHET D.
Kama'aina Kane

Old 08-23-2005, 05:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.63.21

not trying to erect a dam across your stream of consciousness, but you forgot the period after the "R" in the "Robert R. Sanders" in the first image.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 08-23-2005, 07:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Wonderful stuff.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford

Old 08-23-2005, 08:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 70.112.31.251

Great work Robert. I have many projects in my head waiting for just the right model.

By the way you need ice cubes to pour the Wild Turkey over.
'
Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 08-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39735

shannon_fontaine is offline IP: 68.52.169.40

Robert,

Wow.

Beauty, craft, and inspiration all in the same post.

Thanks,

Shannon
  View Public Profile Send a private message to shannon_fontaine Visit shannon_fontaine's homepage! Find More Posts by shannon_fontaine

Re: hmmm
Old 08-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 66.121.188.226

always going that extra mile to help out a fellow Photographer

that's what we love about you!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Re: hmmm
Old 08-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.63.21

well, remember what everyone preaches: it's all in the details
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Thanks Steven, it is good...
Old 08-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35455

RobertRSanders is offline IP: 66.120.117.161

to be back in a very creative channel. I wish more of it was happening, it is hard to wear all these hats sometimes, and business always messes with the creative workflow... but it is fun.

Thanks again,

R
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobertRSanders Visit RobertRSanders's homepage! Find More Posts by RobertRSanders