Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself, as a veteran, newbie, etc., let us know you're here. One intro post per person.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Hi Everyone...
Old 01-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 62290
Comments: 0

geordiekimbo is offline IP: 86.29.66.209

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi all,

I've just joined the site and thought I'd say hi.

I'm John, tall, overweight, ugly, artistic, and hence probably more suited behind a camera than in front of it... and i'm working on making what I produce better and better all the time. It can't very well get any worse than it currently is at the moment .

I initially started out in other areas of art... drawing, painting, model making, sculpture and thought I'd try my hand at photography. I've taken a keen interest in photography since around the start of 2007, I initially just concentrated on still life, and landscape photography, but I'm branching out into different areas and have found I really enjoy glamour up to adult level photography. Photographing the female form is truly fascinating and one of the things I like is the rappor I develop with the models I work with.

I am trying to improve my kit as well as my technique all the time. I'm working on expanding my portfolio, and I'm eager to extend my artistic range into the medium as far as I can take it. I'm not in it for money - I simply come up with an idea for a project and if I like it I shoot it. If I need a model I ask around and if any are interested that is fine and dandy.

I'm a helpful friendly bloke and I'm always willing to help out any prospective model into building her profile, providing that I am also able to use the photos in my own portfolio and for my deviantART gallery - within which I will give full credit to the model and will provide relevant website details/agency details to any interested party who wishes to know more about the model if this is the models wishes.

My current work can be seen at http://johnmkimmins.deviantart.com/ please look there and check out my previous work. All the projects that I conjure up end up on that gallery, so that is the best place to view any of my previous works.

I'm based in Chester-le-Street, and have been involved in the creation of several short films and DVD extras including:
Doctor Who: Official BBC DVD extra called Earthshock Part 5 (dinosaur wrangler)
Doctor Who: Fanfilm called Tyranny of the Daleks (props)
Advent and the Cheesewoman (Production Design, vocal talent, actor, camera operator)
"1981" (Production design, animator, camera operator)
Glasslampshade (prop maker, actor)
A-Z of Horror (artist, writer)
TimeQuake II (actor)
Not Barking But Howling (animation artwork)
Henry V: Champion of Saturn (actor/writer/props/costume) the first part of which can be found at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4wYgYfZe76w
Protoverse - web series (pre-production)
Doctor: Bloode Magick (pre-production)
Kimbo Kreates (pre-production)
Crusts (pre-production)
Thinly Sliced Corned Beef (in production)
Dream Cycle (in production)

I'm enthusiastic about my work, trustworthy, friendly, approachable, adaptable and resourceful. I wish to make any photoshoot a fun experience and I am always mindful of a models comfort and wellbeing. I work quickly, and able to meet seemingly impossible deadlines. I have an eye for details and I've got a very active imagination.

I can also make props or sets to order for photo or filmshoots if necessary and I am also experienced at making costumes. So if you find any of my skills useful, by all means contact me via email at j.kimmins@tesco.net or kimbo.kreates@tesco.net, or carrier pigeon and I'll try and contact you as soon as I can. Or if you just fancy a chat, pop me a message anyway.

Peace and love
John
  View Public Profile Send a private message to geordiekimbo Find More Posts by geordiekimbo