Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > How Do I?

How Do I? How do I topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Uploading photo issues...
Old 01-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 62375
Comments: 0

Robopz is offline IP: 98.200.226.187

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sirs...
OK... I know I'm a newbie... but I am experiencing upload problems in various areas... Maybe you can help.

I am still a free member... and maybe I don't have permissions to do the following.

MY ALBUMS...
No problem... I was able to create and add photos to two albums just fine.

FORUM...
SUCCESSFUL FORUM TEXT ADDITION – I Added a Text only post to "Introduce Yourself" forum just fine.

FAILED FORUM PHOTO UPLOAD - I tried to add a post to "Nudes--Glamour, Erotic, Artistic, Fine-Art, Figure" Forum. The interface seemed to take my text OK... but when I tried to attach a photo from my computer I get the following error: "relative-01-l.jpg: Exceeds forum quota by 672.3 KB" The file I was trying to upload is exactly 672 KB. The dimensions seem within your Max filesize of 976.6 KB and 1500x1500 (mine was 900 x 667)

FAILED PORTFOLIO UPLOAD - I navigated to the Glamour (nudes) portfolio section and attempted an upload of a photo. My image is 600x445 and 133 KB. The interface seemed to accept the photo and description and I didn't notice any error messages... but it does not show up in the portfolio section. Do these additions need to be moderated before they are posted... or are they supposed to go up immediately?

SUGGESTION... I think I am fairly "pweter" and forum literate... but perhaps a help forum or more info in the “How do I” forum with some sticky’s on the key site elements might be really helpful to new users. Maybe the instructions could be included in the "welcome" mail to new users as well.

For instance…

I am confused about the difference in an Album and a Portfolio… and when it is appropriate to post what photos where… I did find a link to a post explaining the GG Portfolio system… but all the images seem to be broken in that post and thus I can’t seem to make heads or tails of it. (http://www.garageglamour.com/forums/articles/34863-using-gg-portfolio-system.html)

Maybe a series of sticky’s in the “HOW DO I” forum that answers the following might be helpful…

Albums – What they are and how they work
Who has permission to create one.
Why I should create one
How to create one
How to add to one
Who can see them
Who can comment on them
List of common uploading problems and potential cures…

Portfolios – What they are and how they work
How they differ from Albums
Who has permission to create one.
Why I should create one
How to create one
How to add to one
Who can see them
Who can comment on them
Are submissions available immediately or do they need to be moderated before becoming visable.
List of common uploading problems and potential cures…

Warmest regards,
Dave
membername: Robopz
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Robopz Find More Posts by Robopz

Re: Uploading photo issues...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
Comments: 1
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 63.64.13.28

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Dave,
I'll try to explain how to post to your portfolio. In the upper right hand side of the screen click on "photos" it's right between "my home" and "profile". Then on the left hand side of the screen, just under breaking news, in the yellow area, click where it says "portfolio system your" it's in orange. Then right above the A B C's click on "upload" On this screen make sure you select a catagory then click continue. On this screen just browse to photos on your computer and follow the instructions.

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper

Old 01-29-2009, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 62375

Robopz is offline IP: 98.200.226.187

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfharper View Post
... Then right above the A B C's click on "upload" On this screen make sure you select a catagory then click continue. On this screen just browse to photos on your computer and follow the instructions.
Thanks for your reply.... I appreciate your efforts.

That is exactly what I did... but I get the following error "Sorry, Robopz: Bad Open - Cannot Open the images Directory for Writing".

It sounds like the GG system images directory is not opening for my files to write to. I have tried this from two computers (and double checked my file sizes and tried uploading from Mac & PC) and still same results...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Robopz Find More Posts by Robopz

Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 63.64.13.28

Sounds like maybe your profile is broken. Have you tried sending a pm to Rolando?

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper

Old 04-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38659
My Mood:

RussV is offline IP: 68.54.246.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopz View Post
Thanks for your reply.... I appreciate your efforts.

That is exactly what I did... but I get the following error "Sorry, Robopz: Bad Open - Cannot Open the images Directory for Writing".

It sounds like the GG system images directory is not opening for my files to write to. I have tried this from two computers (and double checked my file sizes and tried uploading from Mac & PC) and still same results...

I get the same message and getting the same initial errors. I'm a life member, so it's not a membership issue.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 32.135.156.168

I'm on the road and will look into it first chance I get. Thanks. rg sends in transit!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 40579
My Mood:

biggdaddy is offline IP: 72.191.108.103

I am having the same problem
  View Public Profile Send a private message to biggdaddy Find More Posts by biggdaddy

Old 06-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38659
My Mood:

RussV is offline IP: 68.54.246.56

I talked to Rolando about this and discovered that you can not attach images to posting instead you use a link to your profile album or other location of of image. Create an album in your profile, open the image you want posted, and at the bottom is the BB code. It looks like "" and copy this into your new posting. I suggested to Rolando to remove the attachment option in order to remove this confusion.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39752
My Mood:

Photonut is offline IP: 74.194.81.199

There's got to be a simplier way to add pics to our threads (posts).
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photonut Visit Photonut's homepage! Find More Posts by Photonut

Old 06-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39752
My Mood:

Photonut is offline IP: 74.194.81.199

This is my attempt to post a picture of new model "Sissy" She is a drama student showing off some of her talent. How do you make it a larger size?

http://www.garageglamour.com/forums/...788t-sissy.jpg
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photonut Visit Photonut's homepage! Find More Posts by Photonut