Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > How Do I?

How Do I? How do I topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Portfolio Viewing without logging in?
Old 04-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39548
Comments: 15

Olli is offline IP: 198.253.31.144

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm posting this as a seperate thread, I think it got lost in the thread with 137 replies.

Try as I might, when I'm not logged in I cannot see my portfolio. I presume other unregistered viewers cannot either. I can see some peoples portfolios, but not all, maybe 50/50. I think it has something to do with being able to view the thumbnails. Logged in I see everything just fine. When not logged in I cannot see thumbnails of my work in the profile or anywhere else. When I try to view my portfolio it says I'm not authorized. I find it interesting that I can see some peoples portfolios but not others. Is there some switch in my profile I need to set? Anyone else run in to this problem?

This may be a backburner problem, as it concerns unregistered viewers, but I have this site on my buisiness card. Before the changeover, viewers were sent straight to my portfolio, now they end up on the front page. Most would not want to register. In fact, I would prefer they didn't so the nude portfolios were not available.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Olli Visit Olli's homepage! Find More Posts by Olli

Re: Portfolio Viewing without logging in?
Old 04-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36366
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to sharfman

sharfman is offline IP: 66.55.235.93

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I am having the same problem. I did a seperate post as well and got no response. I too use this site for promotional purposes and have non-nude work that should be for public viewing. I have put the work in several different categories and still can not see it when not logged in. I know RG is very busy but hopefully someone will respond to this issue.
regards
mark
  View Public Profile Send a private message to sharfman Find More Posts by sharfman

Old 04-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

You have to place the images in your "non-nude" category. I see you have many images in the "Master Portfolio" which you have to be registered to view. In the Non-Nude portfolio, http://www.glamour1.com/photopost/sh...ser/36366/sl/s you only have one image. See the instructions on the info panel when you click on "portfolios."
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 04-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

You have to place images in the "non-nude" category to be seen without registration. Please read the info/instruction panel on the side when you click "portfolios" on the links. Thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 04-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.197.50

Olli,

We're working on what we found as a problem. Seems if your last upload was in a "nude" or you must be registered to view this portfolio, then the system defaults to that last upload's permissions. So if you upload to a "non-nude" category, that solves the problem. While I know that is not an effient way to work, we're working on fixing that problem. For now, try your last upload in a non-nude category. I just did and it fixed my portfolio.

Again, we are fixing the problem. Thanks, rg.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39548
Comments: 15

Olli is offline IP: 198.253.21.180

Rolando,
Thanks for all of the hard work your putting in on this site. I know you have probably not been getting much sleep lately.
Olli
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Olli Visit Olli's homepage! Find More Posts by Olli

Old 04-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36366
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to sharfman

sharfman is offline IP: 66.55.235.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
You have to place the images in your "non-nude" category. I see you have many images in the "Master Portfolio" which you have to be registered to view. In the Non-Nude portfolio, http://www.glamour1.com/photopost/sh...ser/36366/sl/s you only have one image. See the instructions on the info panel when you click on "portfolios."
Many thanks - I thought I followed instructions but did not apparently.

regards

mark
  View Public Profile Send a private message to sharfman Find More Posts by sharfman