Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > How Do I?

How Do I? How do I topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
:(
Old 03-22-2006, 02:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40662
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to PaoloM Send a message via Yahoo to PaoloM

PaoloM is offline IP: 193.111.46.11

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I prefere the older version of GG....I'm really confused here and it is not easy navigable!

Hope to see new version soon!

Paolo
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PaoloM Visit PaoloM's homepage! Find More Posts by PaoloM

Re: :(
Old 03-22-2006, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38178

Ron_C is offline IP: 64.20.148.33

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey there Paolo,

Stick with it buddy, change is not always easy and will take some time to get use to how things work. There are a lot of new things here, and they are working on making it a bit easier to navigate.

Don't give up....

Old 03-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

Give it time, the biggest mistake people are making, is they are not clicking links and exploring the site. Too many people, not saying you, but a few too many, all want it handed to them, when in fact, it's easier than you think if you just click and play, and poke around--I promise, it will get better.

A good example, the old forum system for over a year, never had a pop-up box with thumbs to make it easier to place an image on a post, we eventually added it, people loved it, this system will have it installed shortly, but immediately people complained because it wasn't here, yet, we did just fine without it before in the old system--when it's not that hard to copy and past the URL of an image. But, seriously, we'll have the pop-box of thumbs shortly, even the zip code searching and more, we're just short on hours of the day right now, thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35629

grsphoto is offline IP: 70.51.140.114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
even the zip code searching and more, we're just short on hours of the day right now, thanks, rg.
Is your code searching going to take into account that the internet is a world wide network, and that there are some amazing glamour photographers who live outside the US of A?

Glenn

Old 03-22-2006, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 49194
Send a message via Yahoo to ScottF

ScottF is offline IP: 64.30.124.14

The Ducati website I run was on the uubthread for several years and two months ago we switched to vBulletin, it was a hard for everyone to adjust for a few days but now everyone loves it. That being said, I don't think the interface of some menus here is easy to find and use and I think they could use some clean up and adjustment IMHO.

Change..
Old 03-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41498
Send a message via ICQ to HMetal Send a message via Skype™ to HMetal

HMetal is offline IP: 72.38.226.220

Change is hard for some people as is the absence of desired features that previously existed. I work for a corporation as webmaster and services designer and some people complain about the most obscure things. This is not to say that their reasons aren't valid or their suggestions/desires aren't good but those things can be added over time and aren't an absolute requirement for the site and community to function.

Take, for example, my new forums at http://www.phofan.com/forum . We encourage posting all kinds of photography but the stock configuration was not unique when there are a plethora of photo posting forums out there. To make it more unique, I coded into the site the capability for a thumbnail image of the embedded photo/image to be listed beside each post, as seen below.

Sure, we offer glamour image posting to registered users who request access and automatically to those who make more than 50 posts. But I didn't reply to this in order to advertise, so I'll save the introduction to our site for another day.

The point is G1 rocks, and will continue to rock and I will continue to post my images here as well as at my own site. Give Rolando and the crew time and give yourself time to get used to the site before more changes are implemented.

Keep at it Rolando! The site is looking good.

Ray A. Akey
My PBase Galleries (nudity warning)
My Flickr (nudity)
My Commercial Website (work-safe)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to HMetal Visit HMetal's homepage! Find More Posts by HMetal
Last edited by HMetal; 03-22-2006 at 01:53 PM..