Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > How Do I?

How Do I? How do I topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Here's how to edit the category for repeating images in portfolio
Old 03-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I've been wrestling with the issues of going to my portfolio and not seeing all my non-nude photos. I had added most photos with 2 or 3 categories and not used "Portfolio Member List" as the category for the primary image. If you don't do this, then when you go to your portfolio and click on the
"Click here to see all of R_Fredrick_Smith's photos "
at the bottom, you'll see all your photos with 2 or 3 of each photo. Here is what this looks like:

So how do you correct the problem? Well I found that if you edit the 2nd or 3rd photo and change it to "Portfolio Member List" that this fails. What you must do is edit the first photo of any group of dupes and change it to "Portfolio Member List". Then when you go back to your portfolio, you'll see the image there. Here is how to edit. From the screen shown above in the screen shot, click on the first image of a set of 2 or 3 and you'll zoom in to see a larger version of the thumbnail like this:

Now just follow the two steps on the screen shot.
When you're done, if you now click on Portfolio from the top menus, you'll see your portfolio again and the image you just edited will now appear. You now must do this for each image that is non-nude if you want it to show up in the Portfolio.
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Re: Here's how to edit the category for repeating images in portfolio
Old 03-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35721
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to ktchua Send a message via Yahoo to ktchua Send a message via Skype™ to ktchua

ktchua is offline IP: 66.214.187.206

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

rfs, thanks for the tip. You probably already know, but there's a feature under the photo called
"Admin Options: Edit Photo"

This takes you to a page where you can "Copy" to another category in case you need. However, when I copy to Portfolio Member List, it doesn't seem to appear under my portfolio though. I wonder where it end up.

I'm also finding no way to post my reviews or rate photos. Wonder if you have the same experience.

Kien
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ktchua Visit ktchua's homepage! Find More Posts by ktchua

Old 03-21-2006, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktchua
rfs, thanks for the tip. You probably already know, but there's a feature under the photo called
"Admin Options: Edit Photo"
This takes you to a page where you can "Copy" to another category in case you need. However, when I copy to Portfolio Member List, it doesn't seem to appear under my portfolio though. I wonder where it end up.
I'm also finding no way to post my reviews or rate photos. Wonder if you have the same experience.
Kien
Yes, I knew about that option, but it was not very straight-forward, so I used the method that I detailed, instead. Keep in mind that there appear to be multiple copies of the photos and it is the first copy that must be "Portfolio Member list". If you change one of the other photos to that category it doesn't seem to show up in the main portfolio. In any event, I think there are changes coming that will take care of these problems. It also appears that you can end up with two photos in the same category and then it will show up twice when viewing that category.

cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35721
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to ktchua Send a message via Yahoo to ktchua Send a message via Skype™ to ktchua

ktchua is offline IP: 66.214.187.206

That's true. I copied it to the porfolio after the fact. It shows a new copy created but I couldn't find it when I go to my porfolio. Hopefully, the glitches are resolved soon. Else, I'd try your method. Thanks!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ktchua Visit ktchua's homepage! Find More Posts by ktchua