Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > How Do I?

How Do I? How do I topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
All my uploaded images seem to be gone?
Old 03-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41719
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to srwatters Send a message via Yahoo to srwatters

srwatters is offline IP: 24.1.179.246

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I uploaded a dozen or so images on the new site and now they appear to be gone. Anyone else having this problem?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Re: All my uploaded images seem to be gone?
Old 03-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35832
Comments: 0

Tom_Hamilton is offline IP: 24.17.103.235

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

They are all there. If you go to "My Portfolio" you are right, there are no pictures showing. A day or two ago all the pictures you uploaded would have been there. You will now see a link for "view all my pictures", or something to that affect.

Also, if you click on "My Profile" you will see your profile picture and the last four uploaded. Within any of the portfolio categories clicking on your link will take you to your offering in that category.

I imagine that they still have some bugs to work out and refinements to make.

Tom
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tom_Hamilton Find More Posts by Tom_Hamilton

Old 03-19-2006, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Quote:
Originally Posted by srwatters
I uploaded a dozen or so images on the new site and now they appear to be gone. Anyone else having this problem?
I've uploaded over 50 photos, but I had no idea you were supposed to upload them with a category of "Portfolio Member list", which makes no sense to me. I can get to the 50 photos one at a time, but at this point I see no way to assign them to that category and it ends up with nudes in that category which I thought we were not supposed to do. At this point I'm so confused, that I don't know what to do. I'm considering deleting everything and just starting over. But it would take over three hours to delete 160 photos which is what the 50 I've submitted have turned into. Apparently the photos show up once for each category you assign them to. Here is my previous post of what this looks like:

http://www.glamour1.com/forums/showt...13559#poststop

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-19-2006, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42462
Comments: 11
Send a message via Yahoo to Hailey

Hailey is offline IP: 24.74.98.146

it says that i have 45 images in the "top posters" list to the left of the page. When i go to my portfolio, i can only see 20. i have no clue what im doing wrong or where my images went. i hope im not the only one that's confused as heck!

Old 03-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

If you upload one image, assign it to three categories, it counts it as three images...thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-19-2006, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

I can see them, just click your portfolio link, right under your name in the light blue boxes on the left of your post..thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

That's why we were "testing" to work kinks out...patience my friend, load a few, see what happens, don't load a bundle then find out they don't work like you don't want, more is coming to make it easier, thanks, rg sends!

Old 03-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey
it says that i have 45 images in the "top posters" list to the left of the page. When i go to my portfolio, i can only see 20. i have no clue what im doing wrong or where my images went. i hope im not the only one that's confused as heck!
When you view the Portfolio, and see only 20, look at the bottom and you'll see the link I've circled below. Click on it, and then you'll see all your photos, but you may see up to 3 copies of each. The ones that don't show up are either in one of the nude categories, or the first one of any set of 1 to 3 dupes is not of the category "Portfolio Member List".

See my post at http://www.glamour1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27388 for the fix.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

That's correct, you'll see every photo, and one thumbnail for each category that image is in...the LINK under your name, in the blue box under your name on the forum on the right side and in your "Profile" goes straight to your images, without duplication if you place an image in more than one category. That link is for your PUBLIC portfolio.

If it helps, we'll remove that link, personally, I don't use it, but the link is correct. Thanks, rg.