Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > How Do I?

How Do I? How do I topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Portfolio viewing odd behaviour
Old 03-18-2006, 02:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

When I click on My Portfolio (or get to that location by any means), I see no photos. There is a link that says "Click here to see all ...". When I click on it, it shows my photos, but shows 2 or 3 duplicates of each photo. It wasn't doing that earlier, but now I can find no way to keep in from doing it. It also shows a count of the number of photos that is much higher than the actual number I've posted.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Re: Portfolio viewing odd behaviour
Old 03-18-2006, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Here is what I see when I view my portfolio. Keep in mind I only uploaded each photo one time.
Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

It's not as difficult as it sounds. Click your "MY PORTFOLIO" link on the top of the navigation bar, it should be working, right there next to My buddies, My Home, etc.

You have to remember, the system allows you to put an image in up to three categories, so one image equals three if you place them in three cats. Simple math. You must put your images in your main portfolio to have them there as one of the categories, otherwise you can just have them in each separate category but not your main portfolio.

Think of subcategories, such as sports, as your sports portfolio, fashion, fashion portfolio, etc., then your main category as your overall, best of the best images that showcase your talent, or you can make it only show your glamour, or fashion, etc.

Thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-18-2006, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43840
Comments: 2
Send a message via ICQ to moscato_images Send a message via AIM to moscato_images Send a message via Yahoo to moscato_images

moscato_images is offline IP: 12.221.236.136

ohhhh, i see. categories. it might make more sense if there is a 'fashion' category with all fashion undreneath. ...and so on for each category.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to moscato_images Visit moscato_images's homepage! Find More Posts by moscato_images

Old 03-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
It's not as difficult as it sounds. Click your "MY PORTFOLIO" link on the top of the navigation bar, it should be working, right there next to My buddies, My Home, etc.
You have to remember, the system allows you to put an image in up to three categories, so one image equals three if you place them in three cats. Simple math. You must put your images in your main portfolio to have them there as one of the categories, otherwise you can just have them in each separate category but not your main portfolio.
Think of subcategories, such as sports, as your sports portfolio, fashion, fashion portfolio, etc., then your main category as your overall, best of the best images that showcase your talent, or you can make it only show your glamour, or fashion, etc.
Thanks, rg.
Well I don't think that's a very good system myself. A photo should not show up multiple times just because its in more than one category. But I can't see anyway to correct the situation I'm in at this point. I tried to change the category of several of the photos and it would not allow me to do that. In other words, I've got 50 photos up: how do I now make all those photos or some of them show up in my "main" portfolio. What category is the main portfolio?

cheers,
rfs

Old 03-18-2006, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

It' not hard, your main portfolio page is the the default pull down link, "Portfolio Member List" when you go to upload images, under uploads. Every image you upload that you want in your main, has to have this selected. If you don't have any selected, you get all your thumbs from all your cats. In your case, once you load in the main cat, your link will be http://www.glamour1.com/photopost/sh...0&ppuser=35872 I hope that helps, and remember, we're still tweaking, it will get better, thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 24.239.87.135

I am unclear of the rules for posting now ?
IF I put up an image containing nudity , it can only be in the nude section ??
I thought it would have to be in my portfolio
SO it really should NOT be there , right?
because anyone that clicks to see my "gallery" would see it right !
I think I moved mine to where they should be
when I go to my portfolio I see 2 or 3 of the same image , as you said beacause they are in 3 different categories( I kind of understand that )
Will it look that way to me only and not other people ??
when I try going to someone elses portfolio , some are blank because they did not bother putting even one in 'their member gallery ' , just in specific categories
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

The problem that I see is that if you send someone to your portfolio, they are probably not going to be able to find all your photos since they would never think of following the various category paths and it is too easy to end up on others peoples photos which is what keeps happening to me. Too bad!
Cheers,
rfs

Old 03-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36068
Comments: 1

StuHaluski is offline IP: 69.252.158.162

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanTom
I am unclear of the rules for posting now ?
IF I put up an image containing nudity , it can only be in the nude section ??
I thought it would have to be in my portfolio
SO it really should NOT be there , right?
because anyone that clicks to see my "gallery" would see it right !
I think I moved mine to where they should be
when I go to my portfolio I see 2 or 3 of the same image , as you said beacause they are in 3 different categories( I kind of understand that )
Will it look that way to me only and not other people ??
when I try going to someone elses portfolio , some are blank because they did not bother putting even one in 'their member gallery ' , just in specific categories
I have deleted my nude photo posts until the "category" situation becomes clearer to me.
In order to avoid posting nudes or leaving a nude posted in the wrong category (I fully understand and support the reason), I am not posting nudes at all.
I posted several nudes earlier but they appeared in the "portfolio member list" category, hence outside the "nude", "glamour nude" category. I posted these nudes using the category selection as I uploaded, so maybe its ok to have them in the "portfolio member list" but I am not sure. I have looked around for more info but after a 1/2 hour...its still a new site...
Is it possible to have a line indicating what categories a photo is posted in so we can immediately see its in the correct ones? Then that way we can also eliminate the repeated thumbnails?
Looking forward to when more of the bugs are worked out and so far, except a few glitches that are expected I think the site will much more valuable and usable than the GG forum.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StuHaluski Visit StuHaluski's homepage! Find More Posts by StuHaluski

Old 03-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Nude images go in categories that state "Nude" in them, like Fine Art Nude and Glamour Nude. Nude doesn't go in "Portfolio Member List" as that is the main portfolio catch-all. You will not have a photo in the main portfolio display page unless you select "Portfolio Members List" during the upload or if you later edit the categories.

By default, when uploading, the system is set as the first category of "Portfolio Member List" as we don't know beforehand what your image is, but you have pull down menues to change them, before, during and even after the upload.

If you accidently upload an image in the main portfolio (which you can check by going to the link on the top of the forums and portfolio pages called "My Portfolio" or go to your profile (link is "My Profile") and on your main forum profile page you will see a link to your portfolio--that is the portfolio the public sees. All registered users can see all categories, the public is restricted from seeing nudes unless they register.

I hope that helps, load away, if you make a mistake, just click on the thumbnail of the image and look for the edit or move selection links...thanks, rg sends!