Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Digital Darkroom

Digital Darkroom Digital Imaging Workflow Tips & Techniques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
New to forum - and RE on "Photo retouching totorials?"
Old 01-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57054
Comments: 0

Jiger is offline IP: 87.251.194.23

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi all !
Spent about an hour browsing this site before deciding to sign up and tho I'm not a photographer I do hope you will allow me to stay here and enjoy the company. My connection to Photograpy is that of a Graphic Designer and Retoucher (not necessarlily in that order) and as the latter with a "tendency" towards glamour, which is why I joined. I could need the inspiration from all of the hi-q imagery I've seen here and hopefully I may be of some assistance in retouching issues.

Now - as for tutorials - what got me started as a retoucher was Katrin Eisman's book "Adobe Photoshop Restoration and Retouching - second ed". That book is one of the best basic "educations" there is. It is now out in it's 3rd edition and thus adapted to Photoshop CS2. Available on Amazon at under US$ 30.00 !!

One of the better forums for people at all levels of retouching skills is Retouch PRO http://retouchpro.com/index.html
Yes, you do need to register if you want to post to forums, but you can browse and read individual topics without registering.

Retouching in general is very much a question of experimentation and trying out different techniques and "tricks" - as well as developing your own. There are really no set rules (only industry preferrences) so there is absolutely not any "this-does-it-all". You just have to try, try again and keep trying.
But hey - you learned Photography the same way, didn't you ?
Actually, I got some nice pointers to litterature I most certainly will check out just by browsing these forums.

If you'd like to see some of my retouching work I do have some up on my website http://www.jgraph.se/subpages/retouch/retmain.html
Well overdue for updating, but anyways ...
And, oh yes - I'm living in Sweden, but large parts of my site is in English, so I don't think you'll have any difficulties.

Hope to have many pleasent and enriching hours with all of you !

-- Jiger --
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jiger Find More Posts by Jiger

Re: New to forum - and RE on "Photo retouching totorials?"
Old 01-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55362

nakins is offline IP: 70.232.110.131

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm not a long time member here, but welcome to Glamour1 just the same. I looked at your site. Very nice work. Hope I can get this good at it. A lot of people here post pictures, but not a lot of stuff goes on in this forum. There are posts here, but not as many as in the main or nude forums. Maybe that will change with your arrival.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nakins Find More Posts by nakins

Old 01-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Jiger is offline IP: 87.251.194.27

Thank you nakins !
Well, wether my arrival will make any change or not - time will tell.
The reason I decided to join is that where I'm living there is not anyone that's into the same thing as I when it comes to imagery, so it's a lonely place ...
Think I stand a better chance of finding like-minded here.

And Thank You for your kind words on my work.
I'm still at an intermediate level with retouching, but it's definitly something I'll do whatever it takes to evolve.
Thanks again and see you around.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Welcome to G1. We can always use good tutorials on post processing work with our photos. I do a few tutorials myself from time to time, so you might want to check them out. There are several scattered throughout the Digital Darkroom. For example, for those who like masking techniques:

http://www.glamour1.com/forums/digit...tml#post217556

Or for Alpha masking and file size reduction see my article:

http://www.glamour1.com/forums/artic...ion-magic.html

The Articles forum is a good place for new tutorials as I think they'll stand less chance of getting lost in the volume of items.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 01-25-2007, 03:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Jiger is offline IP: 87.251.194.4

Hi rfs and thank you for your welcoming !
I had a look at your articles and they were very well performed and elightening - especially the one on jpg compression. I could use more of that since I'm mainly targeted at work for print (and CMYK). Admittedly, I think I looked more at the model than at the text ...

Your eye enhancement technique was also a very good one, indeed.
Can easily be combined with the one I'm frequently using to give that extra glint and sparkle. If I find the time and patience I'll do an article on that.
But be sure I'm going to check out your other articles. Always good to have some pointers at streamlining a technique or give clues to possible
combinations.
Have to run now. Deadline to catch ...

Thanks and see you around !