Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Digital Darkroom

Digital Darkroom Digital Imaging Workflow Tips & Techniques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Collages, Montages, or Composites ...
Old 10-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 24.0.6.170

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

From time to time I like to create a collage of photos, or maybe call it a montage or perhaps even a composite. I wonder what the best name is. They are an interesting way to present photos and the models seem to get a big kick out of them. I've provided them for some of the model's I've shot and they often show up as featured photos in the model's portfolio (so they must work).

Naturally, we all have different methods for making these things.

Here is one of model Emilia:

and here is one of Holley Dorrough, April 2006 Playboy playmate of the month:

If you have collages of your own, why not post them here. If there is sufficient interest, then I might do a little tutorial on the method I use.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith
Last edited by R_Fredrick_Smith; 11-28-2007 at 02:40 PM..

Re: Collages, Montages, or Composites ...
Old 10-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35840
Comments: 0
My Mood:

SteveB is offline IP: 67.139.53.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Actually I would love to know how you do these. Never tried it myself but have been impressed by yours!

Old 10-20-2006, 06:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55251

jeffadamshti is offline IP: 68.59.101.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
From time to time I like to create a collage of photos, or maybe call it a montage or perhaps even a composite. I wonder what the best name is. They are an interesting way to present photos and the models seem to get a big kick out of them. I've provided them for some of the model's I've shot and they often show up as featured photos in the model's portfolio (so they must work).

Naturally, we all have different methods for making these things.

Here is one of model Emilia:

and here is one of Holley Dorrough, April 2006 Playboy playmate of the month:

If you have collages of your own, why not post them here. If there is sufficient interest, then I might do a little tutorial on the method I use.

Cheers,
rfs
Nice work, www.garyfong.com offers an auto program to do them, but I usually do them myself, Jeffrey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcintyre-collage-web.jpg (47.4 KB, 22 views)
http://www.adamsphotographics.com
----
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jeffadamshti Visit jeffadamshti's homepage! Find More Posts by jeffadamshti
Last edited by jeffadamshti; 10-20-2006 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-20-2006, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffadamshti View Post
Nice work, www.garyfong.com offers an auto program to do them, but I usually do them myself, Jeffrey
Yes I've played with the Fong program. It is really a poorly designed process that is way harder than it needs to be.

My secret method is the use of FotoFusion which makes the whole process as easy as can be and gives you infinite control. Here is a link for info:

http://rfredricksmith.com/link/?a=FotoFusion

I usually export the whole thing out of FotoFusion directly to Photoshop at the end of the process and do my final tweaks there for prep for the web or printing.

Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 10-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 46654

kohala is offline IP: 64.75.186.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
Yes I've played with the Fong program. It is really a poorly designed process that is way harder than it needs to be.

My secret method is the use of FotoFusion which makes the whole process as easy as can be and gives you infinite control. Here is a link for info:

http://rfredricksmith.com/link/?a=FotoFusion

I usually export the whole thing out of FotoFusion directly to Photoshop at the end of the process and do my final tweaks there for prep for the web or printing.

Cheers,
rfs

Please note that the FotoFusion plugin does not work on a mac.

Aloha from Earthquake Land

Kohala
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kohala Find More Posts by kohala

Old 10-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohala View Post
Please note that the FotoFusion plugin does not work on a mac.

Aloha from Earthquake Land

Kohala
It also is not a Photoshop plugin. It can transfer its images direct to photoshop, however, which is quite useful.

As far as running on a Mac, it can run on a Mac. See this link:

http://www.lumapix.com/pages/products/BootCamp.shtml

Cheers,
rfs