Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Digital Darkroom

Digital Darkroom Digital Imaging Workflow Tips & Techniques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
RAW Film Styles software can I post about it?
Old 09-28-2006, 12:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54864
Comments: 0

rawfilmstyles is offline IP: 66.133.218.150

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi I just started a company selling software wondering if I can post about it here, I don't really know what the best way to advertise it without loads of money....

RAW Film Style 1.0 is an Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW Preset solution, it features 60 "Film-like" preset approximations of popular films such as Kodak EPP, EPR 64, Portra 160, Portra 400, Plus-X, T-max, Fuji Provia 100, NPH 400, Velvia 50, Agfa 100, 200, Ilford 400 xp2, plus lighting compensation such as low contrast, high contrast, back-light, open shade, fluorescent, tungsten, and mixed lighting.

Our software takes camera RAW files and shows you how they would look if it were shot with our 60 film styles faster than you can do on your own, usually 5 seconds or less. At the minimum it gets you 95% there in 5 seconds vs. 5 minutes of mulling the hundreds of possible adjustments in Camera RAW.

If this is not allow please let me know thanks... DF
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rawfilmstyles Find More Posts by rawfilmstyles

Re: RAW Film Styles software can I post about it?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48023
Comments: 1

bc_shutterbug is offline IP: 70.66.195.104

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

So where do we see this software?

Are trials available?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bc_shutterbug Visit bc_shutterbug's homepage! Find More Posts by bc_shutterbug

Old 09-28-2006, 01:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45854
Send a message via AIM to mcherry

mcherry is offline IP: 69.120.103.198

hmmmm....... No one want's spam, users do want useful stuff, board owners don't want to aggravate their advertisers and yet the do want to obtain new ones... LOL!

Having been on the other side of this I would strongly recommend sending Rolando an email explaining your software and what it does. If you were smart, you would offer it to him for free and hope that after he evaluates it, if he likes it, he'd write up on it a bit. Then I'm sure you and he could reach an arrangement that would allow you to pimp your wares on the site.

My $0.02
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mcherry Visit mcherry's homepage! Find More Posts by mcherry

Old 09-28-2006, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 24.0.6.170

I went to your website which I found using a Google search. It appears that your software is for MAC only which is something that you should probably have mentioned in your ad. The site is quite confusing and I'm not sure how you are selling the product. It also appears that products like Alien Skin's "Exposure" plugin for Photoshop will allow the same results but with a different workflow. But without seeing a working copy I can't be sure how your product works. I think more technical information on your site about what the product really does would be helpful.

I think user Mcherry makes a good point about your post and you might want to contact Rolando to see what he thinks. He uses a MAC and so might be in a better position to judge such a product.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 09-28-2006, 03:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Hi group, I didn't put the link just for the reason's you mentioned I didn't know you had advertising you probably do but I didn't really pay attention (sorry about that)

I do have demo on the web site and yes I will send Rolando an email and yes I'm pretty sure my software will work on PC but I've been having a hard time getting someone to help me with that, (most of my contacts are Mac) but since my software is preset based it shouldn't matter.

My software is totally different than Alien Skin and Fred Miranda because theirs work only on processed tif, or jpg and my software only works on RAW images that's a big difference.

As I said not trying to step on toes at all but I did want to state my responses to the questions so if I should take the original post off let me know. Thanks David

I'll look for Rolando's email hope it is on the site...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rawfilmstyles Find More Posts by rawfilmstyles

Old 09-28-2006, 03:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Ok group I did send an email to the administrator... I'll wait to hear what to do, but I don't any ads thus far...

Old 10-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

I tried to download your demo for the PC. In each case for Cs2 and cs a zip file was downloaded. In each case the zip files were corrupt and could not be accessed. I could not find any contact point on your website.
Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Hi I am trying a new zip the last one I made via archive in Mac OSX this one will be in stuffit, my email on the bottom of the web site on each page look on the bottom, I guess I better make an adjustment on that one... sorry had so many issues the last couple of weeks... will send you the new software but I have to pick up dinner....

info@rawfilmstyles.com thanks David

Old 10-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawfilmstyles View Post
Hi I am trying a new zip the last one I made via archive in Mac OSX this one will be in stuffit, my email on the bottom of the web site on each page look on the bottom, I guess I better make an adjustment on that one... sorry had so many issues the last couple of weeks... will send you the new software but I have to pick up dinner....

info@rawfilmstyles.com thanks David
Just a tip. Some of us older people have trouble reading black on gray which is what your email apparently is displayed in. Lot's of people have trouble with dark colors on a darker or gray background, so you may want to consider that when you next update your site.

Other note: Don't use Stuffit as most people in the PC (windows) world with have trouble with that format. I can read it, but I have to deal with lots of formats.

Cheers,
rfs

Old 10-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Hi I just updated the web site so the contact is on the bottom right under the feedback in red....

I just reloaded the CS/CS2 for PC zip which were archived in Mac but this time I put them in a folder and then archived I think the last time I renamed the folder after the fact and I think that messes up the unarchive.

Hope that works try it out people seem to be liking it I've sold quite a few the last week since I fixed all the little bugs and thanks to Norm who really helped me out...

I am working on the RAW developer, C1, and Leaf V8-L10 versions if you have any other requests let me know this is interesting....