Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Digital Darkroom

Digital Darkroom Digital Imaging Workflow Tips & Techniques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I can\'t believe I did this, and now going to admit it LOL
Old 11-26-2005, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35620
Comments: 0

Shadow is offline IP: 198.107.17.114

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Ok, here's the deal. I was obviously thinking backwards when I put this shot together, in fact a whole set on shots like this. For some reason I was thinking light on face and dark on body, but shot it the opposite. Here is an example:

Anyone here have any idea how I might go about saving this set? A few of the images kind of work, but the majority are lost without a fix..

Thanks for any help you can give..

Shadow
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Shadow Visit Shadow's homepage! Find More Posts by Shadow

Re: I can\'t believe I did this, and now going to admit it LOL
Old 11-26-2005, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 68.18.209.18

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hmm, well, I don't know how to help you, but I just wanted to say I feel your pain. I did a shoot maybe a few months ago, one I had fairly high hopes for, and, well, to make a long story short, out of four rolls of 35mm film (like 140-some-odd shots), none of 'em are usable. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Wasn't the model's fault in any way -- I realized what I had done (several stupid mistakes that day) only after the fact. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyways, I hope somebody can help you...

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 11-26-2005, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39247

PhotoshopAbuser is offline IP: 24.14.169.62

I'm just a hack but have you thought about creating a duplicate layer and adjusting to lighten the shadows and then creating another dupe layer and using a gradient mask? It might work.

The bottom line is that these things happen...usually only to me though... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoshopAbuser Visit PhotoshopAbuser's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoshopAbuser

Old 11-27-2005, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35609

jcochran is offline IP: 68.119.66.18

Here's a quick fix I did in less than 2 minutes, you may or may not like it but I feel it's a little better.
Duplacated, shadow and highlight adjustment, duplicate, selected first copy, selected dark area of face, grew selction by 20 px, applied severe curve, adjusted opacity of the various layers and flattened.

View Public Profile Send a private message to jcochran Visit jcochran's homepage! Find More Posts by jcochran

Old 11-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35620

Shadow is offline IP: 65.102.54.222

Thanks for the help. Getting closer as we speak. Thanks again!!!

Shadow
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Shadow Visit Shadow's homepage! Find More Posts by Shadow

Old 12-06-2005, 03:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42503
Send a message via AIM to insanepinoy

insanepinoy is offline IP: 68.120.199.14

...so i got bored tonight hehe..

View Public Profile Send a private message to insanepinoy Visit insanepinoy's homepage! Find More Posts by insanepinoy

Old 12-06-2005, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Good job Randy,..did you use the gradiant tool?
The only thing I see to improve it , is lighten the background over her right shoulder.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 12-06-2005, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42503
Send a message via AIM to insanepinoy

insanepinoy is offline IP: 68.120.199.14

[ QUOTE ]
Good job Randy,..did you use the gradiant tool?
The only thing I see to improve it , is lighten the background over her right shoulder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ron.. This is probably one of the several ways it can be done but I used the lasso tool to select the shadowed side and levels to adjust the tone as close as possible. Then the clone tool to blend in as best as I could without me dozing off on my keyboard. Bumped up the saturation a bit on the left side a bit.

Another way I was just messing with was duplicating the layer using screen blend mode and selecting the shadowed side. Then mask and fill it. Duplicated the layer again and used opacity to fine tune the exposure. Then use a separate layer to feather out. Hope that helps [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

lighen the background over her shoulder huh... it was pretty late last night haha

wow i just noticed your from antioch ca. my sister lives there and i visit her a few times during the month. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to insanepinoy Visit insanepinoy's homepage! Find More Posts by insanepinoy

Old 12-06-2005, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Thanks for the info,..bg looks good now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I tried useing the gradiant tool on the pic awhile back, but I didn't get a good result.
[ QUOTE ]
wow i just noticed your from antioch ca. my sister lives there and i visit her a few times during the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she model? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 12-07-2005, 02:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
DaveScott

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 64.248.0.15

Dang! Nice job Randy!

-- Dave