Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Community Related Forumss > Digital Darkroom

Digital Darkroom Digital Imaging Workflow Tips & Techniques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
HELP!!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 68.235.17.70

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

So there I was at a group shoot. i got to photograph this incredibly beautiful young lady (and I screwed up the shot really bad as you will be able to tell immediately). Be that as it may, notice how the shade of her face is DIFFERENT than the shade of her body. She was a very tan lady but the MUA made her face different than the rest of her body. Don't ask why because I have no ****ing idea what she was thinking. And so, I want to know how I can touch up her face to make it match the rest of her body. Can someone post some detailed instructions on how I can do this?

Thanks.

Here's the photo.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Re: HELP!!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42503
Send a message via AIM to insanepinoy

insanepinoy is offline IP: 67.127.57.8

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

hmm.. im not a pro but thought maybe i could suggest something.. im sure theres a better way but i would carefully select her face and do a levels/curves adjustment... hey.. it might just work! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

something like this??
  View Public Profile Send a private message to insanepinoy Visit insanepinoy's homepage! Find More Posts by insanepinoy

Old 05-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 68.235.17.70

Not a bad idea. I'll have to break out the lasso tool and see what I can do. Thanks.

Good day!

Mike

Here's another shot of Jessica.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 05-02-2005, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.165.143

HOLD the PHONE!!!! There is an easier way than selecting!!
Make a copy layer...apply your levels or curves to that...then go to Layer/add layer mask/Hide All...then make sure your foreground color is set to White, take a soft brush and start painting in the face area...you will see your levels adjustments appear in the face area.....this leaves room for mistakes..if you make an mistake just switch foreground color to black and paint it right back out....your only working on a mask..not the image...once you have what you want...just merge the two layers by clicking Ctrl+J
Don!

Old 05-02-2005, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40776

Earl_B is offline IP: 70.240.206.26

Mike,

I wish I had an area on the web to post pictures so I could show you my attempt. I don't want to load it into my portfolio since the original is yours, not mine. You can modify the face color pretty easy in photoshop. Here is a trick I use to paint out the red in checks. It worked well on your picture to make the face more brown.

1. Open the picture in Photoshop
2. Duplicate the background in case you want to later reduce the opacity and reduce the effect.
3. Choose the "Clone Stamp Tool"
4. Put the settings on "Mode: Color", "Opacity: 50%", "Flow: 100%", "Aligned" not checked and "Use all layers" not checked.
5. Set your brush size to about 20 for the picture you posted.
6. Go to brush tip shapes and set the angle to -49 degrees. I find a brush in this shape gives a more natural result.
7. Sample from an area of her skin that has the color you want. In this case, I sampled from the middle of her chest on her right breast (your left) near the mole.
8. Zoom in to 200% and carefully paint over the face going from the chin up and to the right. Make sure you avoid the lips and eyes so they don't take on a brown tint.
9. Paint until the color and shade matches what you want.

Hope this helps! Post your final result if you try it.

Earl
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Earl_B Find More Posts by Earl_B

Old 05-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

souj...I used the technique described above, However I did not adjust levels or curves.I used a new black layer,,selected her skin color from her chest with the eye dropper and did a fill foreground color on the new blank layer. I switched the layer mode to Softlight..then applied the layer mask "HIDE ALL"
painted the color into her face ...then I adjusted the Red Levels down a bit in color balance. she still has a darker area on her forehead which needs some work to blend it all together..but you can see the darker area on her forehead in the original.
Don.

Old 05-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38990

ragpix is offline IP: 68.163.30.174

I selected the face sans eyes and teeth to bring it closer to body area as you wished. I added some warmth plus orange, then took away the red in Color Balance by adding a tad cyan. A little desaturation to match up. Added some contrast to entire image to bump it up some. There are a lot of other ways to do this depending on the final output.

View Public Profile Send a private message to ragpix Visit ragpix's homepage! Find More Posts by ragpix

Old 05-02-2005, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

lol..confused yet? anyway there are atleast 10 ways to do get the same results in photoshop...good luck!
Don!

Old 05-03-2005, 02:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42503
Send a message via AIM to insanepinoy

insanepinoy is offline IP: 67.127.57.8

Yes.. definitely a beautiful model.. lucky you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
by the way heres another shot at it.. my first try was 30secs out from my break from school.. did the same.. magnetic selection of her face and levels adjustment..

View Public Profile Send a private message to insanepinoy Visit insanepinoy's homepage! Find More Posts by insanepinoy

Old 07-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35871

Bruno is offline IP: 67.177.68.102

I didn't even see her face. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] oh, make up reflects light differently and we all learn thru mistakes. I have paid a makeup artist that did this more noticably in a shoot. Last time she got a call from me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Bruno Visit Bruno's homepage! Find More Posts by Bruno