Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Photo Gallery Showcase & Mingle > Commercial & Advertising

Commercial & Advertising Let's see what you got!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
She & Hei
Old 02-19-2007, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 72.153.223.169

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey y'all,

School's keeping me busy as usual, but thought I'd stop in and post a few images for our perfume/cologne assignment.

This one was pretty much shot as is (I glued the bottle to a clean acrylic board, hung it upright, and lit it from the back with a standard head with diffusion gel over it, and from the side with a softbox). Where the glue was distorting the bottle and the tube inside of the bottle, those were PSed out. Some of the drips were moved around with PS, too.

This one is pretty close to original too, except the bottle cap was taken from another image. Lit from below and behind the shooting table (relative to the bottle -- camera left) with Cinefoiled lights. The cap was lit with a gridded light high from the left, and a piece of paper to bounce light back into it from the right. I'm still playing with the crop and text placement in this one -- not sure if I like it or not how it is...

Anyways, good or bad, lemme have it.

Sam
http://sambeasley.tumblr.com
http://www.lalluredesmots.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Re: She & Hei
Old 02-19-2007, 04:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45232
Comments: 0

Driftwood is offline IP: 88.105.119.149

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Nice work Sam.

I find the first image a little disturbing though. The water running down the perspex just above the bottle cap makes me feel that the bottle is hanging by a thread. Also I am not keen on the droplets on the base and sides of the bottle.
What disturbs me most though is that the bottle doesn't appear to be vertical. It could be an optical illusion due to the curved edge of the bottle being close to the vertical edge of the frame (or it could be my eyes of course. )

The second image I love. Wouldn't change a thing!

Old 02-19-2007, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Nicely lit, sir. I agree about the "thread/trail into the lid" in the first, and I also get a sense of "nonverticality" about the Shi bottle. It seems to be an illusion caused by the shape of the bottle rather than real.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

SamBeasley is offline IP: 72.153.33.110

Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

Yeah, that little stream of water above the bottle cap was mentioned to me by someone else as well, and that'll probably get PSed out by the time I'm through with it. And about the bottle being upright, yeah, that's a weird one -- I did double-check to make sure that the bottle was level by putting horizontal grids on them in my file -- at the base of the bottle, at two points where the glass ends and the metal of the cap begins, and at the tip of the cap, and it is indeed vertical, but a problem I was running into was the area along the thickness of the bottle at the bottom, and the interior of the bottle where the glass ends and the liquid begins... If you put a vertical gridline down the center of the bottle, those areas are not symmetrical left to right, which keep the bottle from looking level, and it quite honestly bugs me to no end, especially since it took forever to raise and lower the left and right sides of the board (during the actual shooting process) to make sure the level of the liquid was even in the bottle... Ah well, I wanna try to play with that in PS to see if I can make it look a little more even, but that might be beyond my PS skills.

Thanks a bunch for the help and comments guys, I appreciate it!

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57054

Jiger is offline IP: 87.251.194.24

Hi Sam !

Since the original post was made Feb 19, the matters discussed may be "out-of-date" by now, but I'll give it my 2 cents worth anyways ...

Besides comments already made, I must say I really like the images. Cool, "minty" freshness that enhances the products i m o. Very well done !

About the symetry probelm - do you think it may be an "imperfection" in the very bottle itself ?
Anyways, I had a very quick go at it (and I hope you dont mind) with simply duplicating the bg layer, making an irregular selection with the Lasso tool, rotating selection with Transform and pivot point in the left upper corner of selection, followed by a bit of Clone Stamp to finish it off.
As said - very quickly done and not with any intention of being any quality work. Just as a suggestion ...

On the Hi-Res image one could also perhaps "stretch" the inner bottom a bit to the right to center the dark, disc shaped area more.

----------------------------------
Jgraph designs - Retouch and Image editing

www.jgraph.se
jgraph@jgraph.se
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jiger Find More Posts by Jiger

Old 03-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

SamBeasley is offline IP: 74.225.159.78

Whoops, sorry for the delay in my reply... I'm slow, sometimes it takes me a while. The image isn't there anymore, but I do remember taking a look at it, and I think you fixed the symmetry problem.

Thanks a bunch for the help!

Sam

Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57054

Jiger is offline IP: 87.251.194.17

Sam !

>
>The image isn't there anymore ...
>

Hmm - that much for free image hosts ...

Well, I'll simply reload it from my own server then.
Here goes :

Web: http://www.jgraph.se

Mail: jgraph@jgraph.se
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jiger Find More Posts by Jiger

Old 03-15-2007, 02:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57165
Send a message via Skype™ to Mchilly

Mchilly is offline IP: 124.106.236.190

I like the second image, it looks neat and clean to me :-)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mchilly Visit Mchilly's homepage! Find More Posts by Mchilly