View Single Post
Re: Your very soul is in danger
Old 02-11-2003, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 12.250.240.158

Ok I just had to join in.

I started a website design and hosting company after the tech bubble pop welcomed me to the unemployment lines. Clients have been few and the money has been terrible. Life is good as my wife makes enough to keep us eating Chinese food every weekend [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]... And then I jumped head first back into my photography hobby and it has clamped on to my man-hood like alligator-clips to nipples:

I built a studio in my basement... Used Home Depot lights and a used painters canvas drop cloth for a backdrop. Shot my wife with a point and click Sony DSC-S85 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] and loved it.

Ripped down that studio and setup a new one. Different area of the basement with more room and got more lights and bought backdrops and put up a rail system to hang them all from and shot my wife with my Sony DSC-S85 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] and loved it!

Christmas hit and I got a Canon D60 with 2 lenses and a 1 gig microdrive and have been sleeping with it every night [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]! Found this forum and posted questions about lights and bought my first *real* Alien Bees lights. I'm shooting my wife every weekend and loving it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!

Now I have an idea for a kick-ass project I want to start. Awesome idea with money making potential but just one problem... There is no way I can start shooting a bunch a nude women in my house unless I want to move into my own place! (I don't think the wife would ever have it!) So after much pain I've decided that if I can't join 'em I'll support 'em.

I've actually put the camera down and I'm developing a content management backend system for websites tailored to photographers and models. As soon as it's done I'm going to offer websites to photographers and models almost exclusively. I'm also going to be offering my Photoshop skills to anyone who wants thier images enhanced. - let the addiction be complete. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

This is not a sales pitch though. I just wanted to say that it's great to have a forum like this where I can feel kind of like I'm one of the crowd and not some freak! Well - kind of!