View Single Post
Re: Lighting with Digital
Old 10-26-2004, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
jimmyd
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.62.116

[ QUOTE ]
I am using a Nikon D70 and have read that continuous lighting works best with digital.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where'd you read that?

Personally, I use both; not to say I generally mix continuous and strobes (altho sometimes I do, but when I do I'm mixing strobes with daylight producing HMIs.)

Continous lighting is especially nice if you want to see what you're getting before capturing the image (and in some ways offers better control and manipulation of the lights). Since most shooters who are using continuous lighting are using tungsten lights, they're often shooting at wider apertures and slower shutter speeds which might impact focus if they're not careful.

I'd say go with what you feel most comfortable with. But certainly play around with both. If you can't tell much difference (lighting-wise) between what you shot ten or five or two years ago, you're probly not experimenting and/or developing new and different approaches to your lighting.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd