View Single Post
A Caution About MySpace
Old 04-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
PhotoDave1

Member GG#: 51075
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 24.99.255.31

All:

I know some Garage Glamour members have commented that they have had good success in finding and working with models through MySpace. I have a presence there and have had mixed results but it would appear that MySpace has a very liberal interpretation of what is legal and what is not legal with regards to what happens on their site.

I found out several weeks ago that a model I photographed two years ago has stolen several of my images and has posted them on her MySpace page and is using them without my permission. I have emailed her and asked her to remove the images and gotten no response.

I have been trying to get in contact with someone at MySpace to address this issue and all of my efforts are being ignored by the powers that be at MySpace.

I have looked at the MySpace ToS and this person is clearly in violation. I have sent numerous emails to MySpace and all I get are canned responses that accomplish nothing. I have not been able to find a telephone number on the MySpace web site which is a direct violation of federal law. The MySpace help section is completely useless unless I want to report this person for harrassment or as a pedophile which is not the case.

Other than hiring a lawyer which I do not have the money or the time to do I don't see any other options. I have removed many of my photos from MySpace and have cut my participation there to a minimum and I want to caution the Garage Glamour members to be very careful in posting their images on MySpace because in my experience you just don't know where they will wind up.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1