View Single Post
Well, I Finally Made It To The 21st Century
Old 06-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
PhotoDave1

Member GG#: 51075
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 68.3.207.189

Hi Guys:

I finally upgraded my EOS 10D to an EOS 30D and to me the difference is like night and day. From what I am seeing in the 30D is seems like Canon actually listened to their users and did something with their suggestions. Things in my 10D that I would have improved or changed are there in the 30D and it is oh so much faster than my 10D.

I have a shoot tomorrow morning so my 30D will get its maiden voyage and I am pulling out all the stops and going for broke with a totally RAW shoot so it should be quite interesting. Stay tuned for details.

I have a question about the "Picture Styles" that Canon added to the 30D. Most local photographers I talked with about the 30D can't stand the Picture Styles and don't use them. I can see where Canon would add them to a pro-sumer camera. They are what we used to see on the mode dial as in Sports, Landscape, Scenic, etc but they are now more customizeable.

I have the Picture Styles in my 30D set to Neutral with the in camera Sharpening and Contrast set at + 1. I used this in my 10D with its Parameters function and got great results but I want to hear from others on G1 who have used (and are probably are still using) the 30D. How do you set your Picture Styles?

Thanks to all.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1