Thread: HS Senior Shoot
View Single Post
Re: HS Senior Shoot
Old 01-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
jimmyd
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 75.23.179.246

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
I think we are dealing with glamour here. After all he said he was shooting Seniors. That is not just a casual photo or a snapshot of a pretty girl, but a portrait that is often going to be an important milestone type photo in some one's life. So I think that we need to go the extra mile when shooting "seniors" to give the subject something they will be proud of.
You're 100% right. Whether you're shooting glamour, beauty, fashion, art nudes, commercial, weddings, landscapes and nature or HS seniors, composition is paramount and should never be ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
You are right, that 99% of the public won't care about the artist merits or rules of thirds, etc, but if those are not there (are missing from the photo) they may just not like the photo or sense something wrong with it but not be able to put their finger on it.
The problem is the bar: It's been lowered. It's not been slightly lowered, it's practically hit the ground. These days, much of the public--mostly, I think, because of what they see on the internet--have been so inundated with mediocre, pedestrian, and often times, downright awful images... and told (usually by the images' creators) how great the work is, they've been brainwashed into believing there's quality and skill brought to bear on the completely forgettable work they're looking at. Blame the internet, blame the digital camera (r)evolution, blame today's "instant pudding" generation, blame whomever you want, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how much the bar's been lowered.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd