View Single Post
Excellent Question, Mark
Old 11-26-2002, 12:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
scottdial
Free Member

Member GG#: 35287
Comments: 0

scottdial is offline IP: 64.12.96.9

I'm looking forward to reading the other responses that you get. Rick McDaniel, where are you?

I use Photogenic Powerlights, too. All I can say is get a couple of barn doors. The PL16BD, not the PL16BDK.

For what you are trying to achieve, my thought would be snoots. But I haven't "Been there, done that."

But I did spend a week with Don Blair and he showed us how to "Paint" with light. Using just the barn doors, choked down real close, and turned at 45 degrees, he showed us how to paint a stream of light across a face, and even how to feather the light in front of the face to get it to wrap around the shadow side. It was amazing, I guess it had something to do with reflections off the moisture in the air. You gotta see it to believe it.

I guess this doesn't help you much with your original question about light on legs or shoulders, but what I'm saying is you can't go wrong with the barn doors. If you find you have too many snoots, give me a call, I'm still fabricating mine.

Hope I helped some. Looking forward to reading other responses.

If you would like to see some of Don Blair's images from the time I studied with him, I'll be happy to email a couple to you. I just don't think it's right to post them on a public forum. Imagine rizidtx@aol.com

View Public Profile Send a private message to scottdial Find More Posts by scottdial