Thread: The past
View Single Post
The past
Old 02-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP:

Okay, so I am being melancholy or whatever as I take down the Austin studio. I am also deleting all those old emails between me and 'models' other than those who I count as family. A few of them I have actually sent emails to and said basically 'what happened?'. Now believe me I am sure 'real models' could write a book about photographers or supposed to be photographers. But that is my point. If you were to die in a week what business would you close out? I mean I am cool with my family and friends, the majority of people I have worked with but who did I miss? And if I did should I really care?

Certainly I am an old dude from the baby boomer generation and maybe we think about that more than young folks. I know that my children totally understand 'treat others as you would have them treat you', because everytime I travel to where they live people their age and older come up to my wife and I and rave about how our sons are so important to them.

So I wonder here. I am fully cognizant of the fact that people are the product of their environment and the time they developed in. What I can not understand is ...... apparently not important to a a growing number of folks. And, in typical reponse, 'who cares?'

View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey