Thread: 5D vs D200
View Single Post
Re: 5D vs D200
Old 12-27-2005, 10:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 4.252.156.34

[ QUOTE ]
My eyes aren't as good as they were when I was young, but in the first comparison, it appears to me that the 5D is focused on the girl's ear and the D200 is focused on the leaf on the wall about 10 inches behind her.

She definately looks softer in the Nikon image, but the wall and branches look sharper.

Which picture shows the most accurate color representation of the actual shot ? You would have to be there to say for sure.

I'm glad you are happy with your new camera, we all make the best use of what we can afford.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding... Youy are suggesting that the leaf behind her head is sharper than her face..?

The backgrounds are sharper in all the pictures because of the "apparent field of view".. / cropping factor, which I have been reading on the various forums as being "better" than on any FF camera....apparently some people care more about what the picture looks like in the corners than what it looks like in the center, or in the backgrounds.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I see a much more aesthetically appealing picture of this person in all the shots taken with the 5D based on the shallower depth of field alone.. You see a leaf that is sharper than her face? Hmm.....when I look at the outfit she is wearing, that looks pretty sharp to me.. What's that look like to you..?

JP