Thread: 5D vs D200
View Single Post
Re: 5D vs D200
Old 12-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 4.252.156.34

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't we been through this debate before? I realize in this case we are speaking on a specific oinline comparison between a Canon and a Nikon camera, but it still boils down to the same thing.

A camera is a tool. The person behind that tool makes the difference.

I current have mostly Canon equipment, but throughout my career I've worked with Nikons, Minoltas, Mamiyas, Leicas and a host of others. Each model of camera was used to create newspaper images that later received awards. Was I incredibly fortunate in my camera selection? No. Was it how I used each one that made the difference? Yes.

And here's another thought to ponder that I believe was brought up when this subject was last broached (a month or so ago).

Camera Manufacturer "X" blows away competitor Manufacturer "Y" -- puts the suckers right out of business since their product line is so superior. Have we consumers gained anything because of this feat? Yep. A hefty price increase since there's no more competition. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hooray!

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,.... I believe we all know that..... I however know that a lot of people wish to believe that their new camera model is better than any other out there.. I'm just showing an independent test that doesn't show a test of the same junk sitting on a table in studio lighting conditions like Phil Askey's tests..

I guess once Phil comes out with his indepth review, we will be seeing it all over again.. The reason why I bring this up is because if you look at the topics of discussion on this board, you will find several relating to the 5D & the D200.

JP