View Single Post
Re: Computer specs??
Old 11-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
cdnmoosey
Free Member

Member GG#: 37039
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to cdnmoosey Send a message via MSN to cdnmoosey Send a message via Yahoo to cdnmoosey

cdnmoosey is offline IP: 69.140.89.179

Darrin,

You are asking a huge question. All I can tell you is my own experience. I used PCs (Windows) machines for years. I still have one and have nothing against them. However I have come to prefer the Mac "complete package" when it comes to my professional work. I use a powerbook and a G5 and absolutely love both of them.

The G5 is a dual 2.5Ghz with dual 250Gb hard drives and 4.5Gb of memory. Sounds like overkill for editing digital images right? Thats because its for video editing....works great for images too though! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The Powermac is the 12" with only 512mb of memory and an 80Gb hard drive. I think I'll put more memory in it but really its been great. Its also really portable. I can use it comfortably on airplanes even when people recline in front of me.

Anyway, you have a lot to think about. Another issue to keep in mind is if you already have software. It was a real pain in the butt for me to have to buy all this Mac software that I already had for Windows. Its part of the price you pay.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cdnmoosey Visit cdnmoosey's homepage! Find More Posts by cdnmoosey