View Single Post
Re: Praising the pole dancers
Old 09-20-2005, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Titan
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 66.94.212.79

I
ve had mixed reactions from the dancers at Deja Vu in Kalamazoo. Most of them have heard every single pick line and come on known to mankind at least twice. So when I try to talk to them about photography they immediately shut me out. However, there is one girl in particular that I have been politely trying to get to pose for me since I picked up my lil GWC camera in April. This girl is the (IMHO anyway) living definition of The pretty gril next door. Why in the hell she's wasting herself in a strip club is beyond me, though I know for a fact that she is making nice money. I don't even want her to pose nude for me, I just want to get that pretty face and smile of hers into my portfolio.

I have had one of the waitresses from the Vu pose for me. And it was a pretty good, lingerie/covered nude shoot. She was very comfortable with the nudity and it made for a productive afternoon. I called her up 2 days later and scheduled another shoot, which she then flaked on, after driving an hour to meet her she was nowhere to be found. She gave me some excuse about being kicked out of her sorority house. I made another date with her which she also cancelled.

I have also received my first PAYING offers in this same club, though neither girl has actually contacted me to confirm or set up a date.

AND... Another avenue that I continue to explore where potential models are concerned is the weekly amateur contest. Every week the Vu has a contest for any girl who wants to give stripping a try. Winner gets 300 bucks! Since Kz is a college town there are usually 2 or 3 pretty good looking girls. I usually take my portfolio into the club and use it to show my work and give my spiel. I've gotten lots of interest, but as of yet no shoots.

To use a fishing analogy, my bait gets taken and I feel them tug on the hooks but when it comes time to reel em in, nothin...

I'll keep trying. Admission is only 5 bucks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan