View Single Post
Shooting in blacklight?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
objektiv
Free Member

Member GG#: 36037
Comments: 0

objektiv is offline IP: 69.139.86.155

I was asked to take some photos in a club that is going to be lit mainly with blacklight. I assume this works in theory because I think I've seen some shots using that paint that glows under blacklight but I also imagine that a tripod is a must and the light output is very low. We're probalby talking extremely long shutter speeds. I also imagine using a flash would totally wash out the blacklight effect and probably ruine the effect they're going for at this event and generally annoy everyone. Is it even possible to shoot something like this, especially hand holding the camera or would this just be a colossal waste of time? I have a nikon D70. It has up to 1600 ISO but the pictures look like [censored] at that setting and I'm willing to bet even at 1600 a club lit with blacklights isn't going to provide enough light to do anything worthwhile. If there's any way to make this work though please enlighten me. Thanks!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to objektiv Visit objektiv's homepage! Find More Posts by objektiv