View Single Post
Thanks Fish...
Old 08-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Allen_P
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37789
Comments: 0

Allen_P is offline IP: 68.1.70.45

John,

I spent the weekend at my parents house over on the Mississippi gulf coast. Luckily, I got up early this morning and headed back to NW Florida. All I saw on I10 were Louisiana plates...and that's a good thing. I think most everyone in New Orleans got the hell out.

Had I waited later to leave, it could have turned a 2 hour drive into a 6 hour drive. I think it has turned into complete madness all over the LA, MS, and AL gulf coasts. Things are not so bad here in the Panhandle where I'm at, except for the dwindling supply of gas. But, I'm about 40 miles inland...so I have "some" distance from the gulf.

When I was younger I remember my parents and many others telling me about Hurricane Camille that hit back in 1969. Lucky for me, I was not born then, so I missed it. Those that remember it (a cat 5 with over 200mph winds) take hurricanes very seriously.

If this thing makes landfall as a cat 5, one can only imagine the devastation that it will cause [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Anyway, thought I would share that bit of reporting with y'all [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope this SOB weakens before making landfall!

Allen

View Public Profile Send a private message to Allen_P Find More Posts by Allen_P